Profile Recommendations

• I am new to the Kemper and work too many hours to search all the profiles available, so I need your help. I play in a cover band that plays a wide variety of music. I am in need of some guidance on where to look for the tones I need. Here they are: 1) a discoish tone for humbuckers, 2) a good clean tone 3) a light crunch 4) a kickass crunchy rock tone (not modern metal) and 5) great liquidy rocking lead tone. I appreciate your suggestions. They must be great profiles as we play high end gigs.

Thank You!!

• After trying a number of different profiles (both, free, and commercial) I found that I wasn't satisfied until I bought my first MBritt profile pack.
    Next to no tweaking was neaded to get a great variety of tones for all of the styles you mention.
    Take a look at his website, have a listen, then decide which pack would cover your needs.
    I'm sure you'll be very pleased whatever pack you go for.

I have no affiliation with MBritt or his website.

• There's awesome stuff in both commercial and free rigs!!!

And discovering these beautiful tones is one of the parts of the kemper experience I happen to like the most!

I would do as Ingolf and Telelogic suggested:

• on the free side: Try to make the most out of RE and the rating feature (also taking into account how many users have rated each rig helps a lot). Sometimes you'll find you'll not agree with the ratings (either in a positive or negative way, everyone has his likings!), but here in the forum are some nice threads discussing about nice free rigs that everyone likes out there. I've discovered some jewels I'd never found unless I had read those threads. So I reccomend to dive in the forum (search feature in the forum also helpful for this!)
    • on the commercial side: There's been also a lot of discussion here on commercial profiles (which ones are good for this and which for that, and so on.). You will be able as well to find lots of musical examples of plenty of commercial rigs, I'm sure they'll help you make your mind. For a starter I'd suggest NOT buying a whole rig pack, but downloading free packs from different providers (most of them have these so you can test some of their rigs), and if you like 'em, then you can make up your mind and buy more of their stuff.

Hope this helps, coming from another beginner!