Saving cabinets to another rig

• Hello Everyone

I still haven't downloaded rig manager, but have managed fine so far.

Today I put a bunch of Rigs in Favorites, however when I tried to change the cabinet, either before moving to favorites or after..........the stock cabinet remains ! ?(

What am I missing ? All I'd like to do is take a simple Rig, say Fischers CAE OD 100 # 2 and change the Cab from the stock Fuchs to a Peavey 5150 which is on all
    the Mesa Boogie Mark 5:25 downloads I just did. That cab sounds good on quite a few rigs, to my ears anyway. Seems to be a bit darker, which I like.

So I want to do the above and just save, simple as that !!

After in favorites, if I decide to tweak any cabinet or amplifier or effects setting, will they automatically save in the favorites spot ?

Thanks again, any help or advice is always greatly appreciated ! :)

MrGiggles

• You need to use one of the options to save/store/overwrite the rig - no automatic save will happen (this prevents "accidental" automatic saving)

If you "save/store" the edited Rig without changing the Rig's name, another rig with the same name (but, with a new Rig date ) will be stored in your KPA.

If you "overwrite" the original rig, the KPA saves the new cabinet in the original rig.

If you "save/store" the edited Rig WITH a different name, a new rig will be stored in your KPA..

• Hi PAULTS

Thanks for the info.

If you "save/store" the edited Rig WITH a different name, a new rig will be stored in your KPA..

Do I do this first, before moving it into favorites or do you always have to make changes in the original All Rigs spot ?

So I change the cab and just call it Fischers CAE ODEE 100 # 2 and the original stays as is and the new one is added, just like SAVE AS on a regular computer ? At this point I would then move it into favorites correct ?

Always afraid overwriting any original anything, if fear of losing it forever.

MrGiggles

• Hello Paults

Your suggestions about the cab / save / store were spot on. Just saved under a different
    name and moved that one to Favorites and left the unchanged one in the original spot. Easy Peasy !

Thanks again ! :thumbup:

MrGiggles

• Do I do this first, before moving it into favorites or do you always have to make changes in the original All Rigs spot ?

... At this point I would then move it into favorites correct ?

MrGiggles

It might help to think of "favourites" as a tag, 'cause that's what it is; it's not an area or "designated space".

Unless I'm mistaken all rigs in browser mode are in one pool; the various tags are for convenience only, just like colour labels for folders or files on a computer; they have nothing to do with location.

I figured this might make things simpler for you based upon the way your were describing things.