what does the "E" on the screen mean? (not what i expected)

• In Browse mode, First and obvious answer i am aware of-
    As i understand it a letter "E" on the far right of the screen indicates an "edited" rig- permission to shoot me down if i'm wrong :wacko:
    Often this can be removed with the undo button if an edit has been made.

However, i am noticing that the 'E' sometimes appears when loading certain rigs in browse mode.
    I thought perhaps my locked input and output settings were over-writing parameters and resulting in an "edited" rig.
    Not the case, when i unlock everything the "E" still appears when loading in some rigs.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?
    thanks

• Mega, thanks Raoul. That figures.
    Maybe this was explained somewhere but i missed it.

Therefore, would it be a good idea to re-save these rigs to "bring them up to date"?
    Or is there nothing to be gained doing this other than losing the E?

thanks again

Once they are saved in the new format, they cant be used in an older FW, I think there was a warning about this when they first adopted this new profiling format. I think this was just incase people upgraded then downgraded and their profiles wouldn't work. Must say ive not gone through all my profiles and resaved them, ive got way to many lol

• Cool. thanks for the useful info!
    i guess if you've made a backup in an older firmware, that can be recalled and its rigs, without conflicts, should the user need to rewind to an older firmware for whatever reason.
    Always a good idea to keep and label some older backups for prosperity ;)
    Must say i didn't notice this before having been using 3.0.2 for quite a while but then i'm still discovering and learning new things with the KPA all the time. Thats part of the fun! :P
    Still yet to gig with 3.1.4...

• Cool. thanks for the useful info!
    i guess if you've made a backup in an older firmware, that can be recalled and its rigs, without conflicts, should the user need to rewind to an older firmware for whatever reason.
    Always a good idea to keep and label some older backups for prosperity ;)
    Must say i didn't notice this before having been using 3.0.2 for quite a while but then i'm still discovering and learning new things with the KPA all the time. Thats part of the fun! :P
    Still yet to gig with 3.1.4...

Done quite a few gigs now with 3.1.4 and so far alls quite good :)