Classic Rock Song Suggestions...........

• Yes, I have a tutor. He's guided me through some of the classic rock stuff in the past, but we are on a finger-picking crusade at the moment, and for the foreseeable future. So I'm pretty much on my own in trying to forge ahead playing rock. But it's as I stated in my OP: I'm not after simplified versions of songs. I'm after simpler songs in all of their glory, if that makes any sense :)

• @Bilbosmeggins

Oh yes it does..

But since some years I always say that we must look at the reason why we love these old rock songs so much.And the guitar playing on them.

It is not so much about what they play but HOW they play.Feeling,heart,lust for music,rebellion etc.."alright now" is not about the few riffs and the repeating major-melodies but the unbelieveable vibrato and bendings of Kossoff.Did you ever heard such a vibrato again;Me not.Not in all these decades.This is the reason I love this song and Pauls playing.And nobody will ever play these Free songs as he did.Not in 1000 years..But you can play them as you want to.This is not about "symplyfing" but more about "interpretation". ;)

• Thanks for those. I think we can definitely add Can't Get Enough. Fantastic track. I'm going to check out the tab before work :)

• ZZ Top's version of Thank You.
    SRV - Cold Shot. (Close enough to the 70s)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me