fuzz and overdrive revisions

• I have noticed that the fuzz option doesn't really have any way for it to be used subtlely. Even with the volume down on it the output is far too loud. It also doesn't really have much vintage fuzz character.

Also I would love some more subtle overdrives with both bass and treble controls built in.

Thanks! Jon

• Don I understand that placing a pure boost with a negative value in front can tame the volume of the fuzz, but wouldn't it be easier to release a new version with the volume tamed already?
    It's too bad to lose a slot by adding a new stomp in order to tame the fuzz

I don't know anything about the process so please forgive my ignorance. It just seems to me that getting the volume under control on the fuzz stomp itself would be the best option.

Thanks!

• Don I understand that placing a pure boost with a negative value in front can tame the volume of the fuzz, but wouldn't it be easier to release a new version with the volume tamed already?
    It's too bad to lose a slot by adding a new stomp in order to tame the fuzz

I don't know anything about the process so please forgive my ignorance. It just seems to me that getting the volume under control on the fuzz stomp itself would be the best option.

Thanks!

it's not about volume, it's about getting less fuzz than with the Fuzz DS gain @ 0.
    the output volume of the Fuzz DS covers the same region as a analog Fuzz Face.

• Thanks Don.

There is very good info all across the board here, but it is sometimes really hard to find.

right.
    the 'related topics' displayed at the bottom of the page (or a similar name, my forum is displayed in german) shows interesting links pretty often...
    although in this case my Fuzz Face thread is not among them...

;)