Celestion V type speaker

• I've finally achieved nirvana
    I never liked the sound of my Kemper thru studio monitors or my Yamaha DXR 10....horns / tweeters have always annoyed me, when used with guitars...
    So I tried an open back single 12" cabinet, which got me closer to the feel and sound of a real guitar amp, but not exactly what I'd hoped for, until
    I put a Celestion V type in the cabinet...Now I'm very happy.
    I play mostly blues based stuff, like Lucinda Williams, Michael Landau, Radiohead, Los Lobos......My main gits are an old Strat w grey bottoms
    a 64 SG Special and a 64 330...
    I hope this info may help other pickers with a similar situation.

• hi
    i now the v types
    they are great speakers for no money
    exellent stuff
    everytime i use a real guit cab i have a 1x10 cab with a v type celestion
    always a pleasure to play with
    i use the same guitars 63 Strat, 57 LP Special and epiphone riviera

• I feel the same.
    I'm currently playing a kemper with ambrosi power amp and an Egnater cab with a Celestion G12h30.
    I mostly play at home, or rehearsals and small gigs with my bands so this setup is perfect for me.
    Now some will say that you lose versatility with a guitar cab, but I can get great cleans, crunch, distortion, leads and anything in between. The Kemper allows you to play any amp head through your cab, so that's quite versatile to me!
    With frfr I had to try hundreds of profiles to find tones I liked. I find that with my guitar cab, pretty much any profile will sound good. And I can still send the studio profile to FOH if needed!
    What's great with the kemper is that everyone can find a solution to fulfill their needs !
    ++