UI Speed

• I wondered if somebody could confirm for me whether it's normal that the KPA User Interface is really slow to respond? Today I decided to mark some rigs as favourites and the process was painfully slow. In Browser mode if I hit the Rig button and then select the corresponding button for 'Add Favourite' it would take around 12 seconds for the tick to appear. I also tried holding the rig button in to mark as a favourite and that also took around 10 seconds before an * appeared showing the rig was a favourite.

Is this normal?

Thanks

• I wondered if somebody could confirm for me whether it's normal that the KPA User Interface is really slow to respond? Today I decided to mark some rigs as favourites and the process was painfully slow. In Browser mode if I hit the Rig button and then select the corresponding button for 'Add Favourite' it would take around 12 seconds for the tick to appear. I also tried holding the rig button in to mark as a favourite and that also took around 10 seconds before an * appeared showing the rig was a favourite.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Marking rig as Favorite takes longer than checking any other option - around 2 sec or more on OS 3.2.1. But 12secs? Man, this is CRAZY ?( 8| It is writing 4kB file to NAND flash. What OS version are you on?

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

Is this normal?

Thanks

Contact support please.

• Thanks, I'll get in touch with support in the morning then. I was quite surprised that people were happy with the speed of the UI, I guess mine isn't typical. I'm running the latest OS and the KPA is less than 2 weeks old.

Many thanks

• Thanks, I'll get in touch with support in the morning then. I was quite surprised that people were happy with the speed of the UI, I guess mine isn't typical. I'm running the latest OS and the KPA is less than 2 weeks old.

Many thanks

You can also try:

In case any inputs or outputs don’t operate as you would expect, or you experience any other unpredicted behavior, the soft button “Init Globals” in the System menu will reset most global parameters to their default state

• You can try holding down the rig button while starting up the Kemper. You may have a corrupted rig in there somewhere, and that'll fix it.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• You can try holding down the rig button while starting up the Kemper. You may have a corrupted rig in there somewhere, and that'll fix it.

Yes, @pauljoy was this 12 seconds delay there for only one rig? If yes perform the procedure by @dougc84 to fix corrupted rig. If 12 seconds is for all rigs, contact the support and please report back :)

• It was happening with every rig but I think I may have fixed it now. After reading a few more posts on here I backed everything up and tried the initflash procedure in the maintenance menu. Once everything was restored marking favourites then took around two seconds which it sounds like is normal. I'm now also getting an on screen prompt about a favourite being set which I wasn't seeing before.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not but the rigs seem to sound slightly better as well, I can't put my finger on it but they sound as though they are higher fidelity than before with more headroom. Hard to say but thanks for all the input.

Paul

• It was happening with every rig but I think I may have fixed it now. After reading a few more posts on here I backed everything up and tried the initflash procedure in the maintenance menu. Once everything was restored marking favourites then took around two seconds which it sounds like is normal. I'm now also getting an on screen prompt about a favorite being set which I wasn't seeing before.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not but the rigs seem to sound slightly better as well, I can't put my finger on it but they sound as though they are higher fidelity than before with more headroom. Hard to say but thanks for all the input.

Paul

I'm sure I haven't seen such prompt. Can you make a picture and upload?

• I have just played the KPA for a few hours and noticed that e.g. when I engaged a new effect slot and used the browse knob to select a preset, the KPA was less responsive - there was a lag of maybe half a second after I turned the knob. This is definitely something that wasn't there in the early days of me using the KPA. I also had a lag when I stored rigs. Sometimes of a some seconds. So my overall observation is: There is a lag / unresponsiveness in different situations that has been introduced rather recently.