SOLVED - Software Error - Can't Contact Support?

• EDIT: Sorry--I meant to put this in the Troubleshooting Forum. I don't know how to move it there!

Hello,

I have the fun ***A SOFTWARE ERROR OCCURRED*** "death" screen on my KPA for the last several days. I have tried to contact Kemper support via their email form but it comes back as undeliverable.

It says:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: [email protected] SMTP error from remote mail server after 550-Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable 550 invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record

Is there another way to contact support? Haven't had any problems in the 2 years I've had it, other than the first KPA I was sent had hardware issues. I'm assuming Kemper support still exists other than the phone number in Germany?

If anyone can let me know how I contact them. I have a photo and backup ready to go. I didn't see any other threads where people are having a hard time contacting them.

Thanks,

J

Edited once, last by Myramyd ().

• Hello,

I tried it directly from my mail client and it bounced back right away saying: 550-Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable 550 invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record (in reply to MAIL FROM command).

I will try with another email address and see, but it appears that [email protected] is not able to receive mail.

John

• Well, the last thing I did was rearrange my performances in Rig Manager (everything was fine while I was doing that). I shut it all down, then when I got to the gig and I started up the KPA the error came up. I just rebooted it 3 times (got the error on the first two) and it worked and I got through the gig. So I thought all was okay, but then I started it up today and it came up again. I do wonder if Rig Manager caused a rig to get corrupted or something. I probably should have mentioned this in the support email but just thought of it now.

I did get through to support and got a ticket (#KA00106729).

J

• Well, the last thing I did was rearrange my performances in Rig Manager (everything was fine while I was doing that). I shut it all down, then when I got to the gig and I started up the KPA the error came up. I just rebooted it 3 times (got the error on the first two) and it worked and I got through the gig. So I thought all was okay, but then I started it up today and it came up again. I do wonder if Rig Manager caused a rig to get corrupted or something. I probably should have mentioned this in the support email but just thought of it now.

I did get through to support and got a ticket (#KA00106729).

J

Oh snap, I did the same thing and now I am having the same error! I got a band practice soon so I am very worried. Whenever I go to Perform mode KPA crashes with this error!

• if you have a corrupt rig, turn the KPA on while holding down the rig button and it should sort it.

Yup a guy from Kemper emailed this to me. First attempt didn't work for me 'cause it was the Perform mode that was breaking for me, and I turned the switch on with "Browser" mode. The next time, I turned KPA machine, turning the knob to "Perform" then the problem was no more!

• Sorry I didn't see that you had replied to this. I should have followed up my original post. Yes, holding down the rig button was the solution I got from Kemper support as well and that worked right away thankfully. I was in the same boat as you. I hadn't heard of that particular fix before then--either that or I forgot about it since I hadn't had any issues in over two years!

Luckily we are all able to keep on playing!
    John

• Sorry I didn't see that you had replied to this. I should have followed up my original post. Yes, holding down the rig button was the solution I got from Kemper support as well and that worked right away thankfully. I was in the same boat as you. I hadn't heard of that particular fix before then--either that or I forgot about it since I hadn't had any issues in over two years!

Luckily we are all able to keep on playing!
    John

No worries John. Glad you got it sorted out as well! Keep on rocking! \m/