Posts by tonyfunc

Pretty hot tone @tonyfunc :thumbup:

Feeling very comfortably numb after that. Do you recon I could use my EHX English Muff to get that overdrive sound?

BTW that dog does look dog tired - after a long walk? ;)

Thank you very much!

I honestly think any Big Muff pedals should work. However if you get a chance, give Electronic Orange Pig Hoof a try - it's the best I've ever tried. Placing a transparent boost pedal behind it works really well too.

I have no idea whose dog that is - found the photo on the internet and LOVED it :)

Been trying to get my translation of David Gilmour's tone for Comfortably Numb's solos. My favourite to work with was Reeves Custom 100 by Davide.
    I kind of cheated by placing 2 drive pedals before my Kemper though:

1. Electronic Orange Pig Hoof (Big Muff)
    2. Blackstone Appliances MOSFET Overdrive (Boost/OD)

However, all the other effects such as the compressor, flanger, rotary sim, delay and reverb were Kemper's built-ins and I just used their presets for this tone.

I know the audio constantly drops and the recording volume was way too high, but quality-wise, this is the best I can get out of my laptop.

Hope you enjoy it.

** CAREFUL! IT'S PRETTY LOUD!!! **

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqYJGa6ZDMs&feature=youtu.be

Hi all,

I need advises on how to get edge of breakup clean tone from my KPA. I plan to use it live mostly for blues / rock with a fuzz / boost in front of KPA.
    To be specific, I'd like to make a tone like Philip Sayce's (Aberystwyth from the album Steamroller).

I know Philip cranks his amp and plays really loud - is KPA capable of this in live situation? (Mine is powered) I've been getting pretty good results with studio tone, but I have no way to test these live because I live in a small apartment and I have no cab.

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

Love to have a edge of break up Two Rock / Fender for blues, please! I am specifically looking for Philip Sayce's tone in this live video of his song, Aberystwyth.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sorry I didn't see that you had replied to this. I should have followed up my original post. Yes, holding down the rig button was the solution I got from Kemper support as well and that worked right away thankfully. I was in the same boat as you. I hadn't heard of that particular fix before then--either that or I forgot about it since I hadn't had any issues in over two years!

Luckily we are all able to keep on playing!
    John

No worries John. Glad you got it sorted out as well! Keep on rocking! \m/

if you have a corrupt rig, turn the KPA on while holding down the rig button and it should sort it.

Yup a guy from Kemper emailed this to me. First attempt didn't work for me 'cause it was the Perform mode that was breaking for me, and I turned the switch on with "Browser" mode. The next time, I turned KPA machine, turning the knob to "Perform" then the problem was no more!

Well, the last thing I did was rearrange my performances in Rig Manager (everything was fine while I was doing that). I shut it all down, then when I got to the gig and I started up the KPA the error came up. I just rebooted it 3 times (got the error on the first two) and it worked and I got through the gig. So I thought all was okay, but then I started it up today and it came up again. I do wonder if Rig Manager caused a rig to get corrupted or something. I probably should have mentioned this in the support email but just thought of it now.

I did get through to support and got a ticket (#KA00106729).

J

Oh snap, I did the same thing and now I am having the same error! I got a band practice soon so I am very worried. Whenever I go to Perform mode KPA crashes with this error!

Now... I need to ask you... How precise were you in gain staging the thing properly so there was NO added volume from the aphex?

Just post a clip of a power chord first with and then without the aphex engaged?

Hiwatt Custom 100 without APHEX:

External Content soundcloud.com

Hiwatt Custom 100 with APHEX:
    External Content soundcloud.com

It may not be 100% obvious, but to my ears APHEX takes a lot of "digital coldness", and definitely adds "tube". Reverb definitely sounds a lot more natural.

FYI, I found better tone when the APHEX is placed AFTER kemper, not in the loop. So instead of the previous setup I've mentioned, now it's from Kemper Main (Master Stereo) -> APHEX -> Roland Quad Capture. Mogami XLR cables and FreeTheTone Solderless Cables for the connections.

Not much to the settings. The settings are the same on Kemper. APHEX has 20db Pad / 80Hz Low Cut / Phantom off, and Polarity is set to Normal. Gain is set to the lowest, and it still adds a lot of volume.

I was using ST-HiWatt Clean by And44, only with reverb on.

Now, I need to know how to add APHEX to the external cabinet when I am playing live... (I have a Power Rack)