My version of David Gilmour tone for Comfortably Numb

• Been trying to get my translation of David Gilmour's tone for Comfortably Numb's solos. My favourite to work with was Reeves Custom 100 by Davide.
    I kind of cheated by placing 2 drive pedals before my Kemper though:

1. Electronic Orange Pig Hoof (Big Muff)
    2. Blackstone Appliances MOSFET Overdrive (Boost/OD)

However, all the other effects such as the compressor, flanger, rotary sim, delay and reverb were Kemper's built-ins and I just used their presets for this tone.

I know the audio constantly drops and the recording volume was way too high, but quality-wise, this is the best I can get out of my laptop.

Hope you enjoy it.

** CAREFUL! IT'S PRETTY LOUD!!! **

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqYJGa6ZDMs&feature=youtu.be

• Pretty hot tone @tonyfunc :thumbup:

Feeling very comfortably numb after that. Do you recon I could use my EHX English Muff to get that overdrive sound?

BTW that dog does look dog tired - after a long walk? ;)

Thank you very much!

I honestly think any Big Muff pedals should work. However if you get a chance, give Electronic Orange Pig Hoof a try - it's the best I've ever tried. Placing a transparent boost pedal behind it works really well too.

I have no idea whose dog that is - found the photo on the internet and LOVED it :)