Mute the monitor out (speaker out)

• Hi,

I would like to use a speaker cabinet plugged into the speaker out (for my electric guitars).
    Then when i plug in my acoustic guitar, mandolin, dobro, i would like to mute the monitor out when i switch and run the second main output to a AER amp for acoustic monitoring.
    Both electric and acoustic guitars are going to the main output.
    Or is this already somehow possible?

Greetings,

Patrick

• I assume you have a Powerhead or Power rack when you write you are using a guitar cab. This is indeed possible. In the Output menu, there is a page with a soft button for disabling the power amp.

• All output menu settings are global. You could use a pedal to control the volume of the monitor out independently from the main volume.

• Ok a pedal for the monitor volume would be an option.

More about my setup:
    I use the kemper powerhead with a speaker cabinet for electric guitar (main output to mixer).
    For my acoustics (guitar, dobro, mandolin) i use a POD HD 500 (with amp off) but only as a mix and switch device.
    So all 3 instruments run thru the POD for level control, eq, reverb, then straight into the AER amp ( with only 1 di to the mixer).
    So now i'm looking for a way to run everything into and thru the Kemper…….

• I would replace the guitar speaker with a FRFR and use if for all your instruments, it would simply Your routing and:
    1) You hear basically the same sound that the audience here from Your electric guitar.
    2) You get great monitoring even for Your acoustic instruments.