Brand new profiler. Cannot get an input signal.

• Hello,

I just received my profiler a few hours ago and I have not been about to get any input signal or sound out of it. I am hoping that this is me not understanding how to work it. I plug in the guitar and there is apparently no input detection, no LED flicker like I see in the demos, not even on the tuner menu. I have not changed any of the factory settings and everything should be default.

Things I've tried:
    Tried guitar and multiple cables and confirmed all functional with other amps and through my audio interface. I have tried changing the input source to alternative as well but nether that or front input seem to make a difference.

On the input menu: clean/distortion is at 0db and input source is set to front input.
    Output: main output-master stereo, monitor output- master mono,directout put git analog, spdifout -master stereo, output volumes all at 0 db, headphone link checked.

One thing I can think of that might be of use is that I have noticed is that the LEDs above the input and output soft buttons are a complete solid and constant green as soon as I turn the profiler on and stay this way no matter what I do.

Other than that any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• You wrote above that heaphone volume is linked. This way you can control your headphone volume with the master volume knob without calling up the output menu. I assume you've already turned master volume up? If yes, check if anything in the KPA's signal chain ins maybe locked with negative volume setting.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Everything is set at max at 0 db and master volume is at 10. Nothing appears to be locked. I don't get anything even in the tuner which I am assuming volume controls don't affect. Thanks for the responses by the way.

• Well I am going to sleep. Thanks to both of you. I'll check back later. Until then I made a help request from support just in case. I am however, not sure if this is an output issue as I get no response from the input LED(always solid green) or the tuner.

• OK, if the unit is new try a flash to init the unit new.
    Procedure:
    Make a backup, if you need obe
    Shut down the kpaStart up the kpa in tuner mode and press and hold soft Knob 1 above the disply as you can see SYSTEM MAINTANACE in the display

Press the softbutton for RECOVERY
    Press the soft button for INIT&Factory Contend
    Start the kpa new after succsessful init
    MAke your new setups in Systemmenue (Name, Clock...)
    Check out your output settings
    (Main out linked, monitor linked, headphone linked, )
    Good luck. Nothing will be damaged with this procedure

• If this procedure dont work, make a backup, open a ticket on the kemper site and send the ticket to sercvice. You receive a ticket number by pm and than you can send the backup to the helpful guys.

• If you hit the strings hard, do you see the input led blinking?
    If so, the kemper gets a signal.
    Than you may want to check, if you have a loop active... But nothing connected.

• I've gone through all of those options. I described my situation to support and they immediately told me there is probably a hardware defect and should return it. Awesome. I guess that' what Im doing.