Advice on digitall wireless system

• Im using a Shure GLX-D 2.4ghz digital wireless for my guitar and it's been flawless. Love the spare battery charger/storage slot that the battery slips into on the receiver too. Body pack is very robust also. Overall a very well thought out design.

The only issue I had was some occasional interference (guitar signal would click) that was found to be caused by our digital desks wifi router. We have everything crammed into one rack so the Shure guitar reciever and the router are literally only a few inches apart. The most robust solution was to swap out the router with a cheap dual band model (2.4ghz and 5ghz) and simply only enable its 5ghz band. No chance of interference that way and everything has been perfect since.

• I can recommend this one (switched from a G30 to it): thomann.de/de/shure_glxd16.htm

Looking good but almost 3 time price of G10.
    If I would play in big halls, it could be the choice. :)

For me it's just a matter of convenience. The times where I raced across the stage are gone. ;)

• I just switched from an AKG WMS-40 Pro to a Beyerdynamic Opus 910 (TS 910 M transmitter + NE 911 receiver).

The AKG's sound was fine, it was reliable and I used it for many years, but in the first seconds I used my new Beyerdynamic the higher audio-precision of this system was clearly noticable.
    Also the Beyerdynamic's quality of the processing and used materials are on a higher level... I definetely would buy it again.
    http://europe.beyerdynamic.com…-910-wireless-system.html

For those who want to spend less money, the Opus 600 might be interesting:
    http://europe.beyerdynamic.com…m/preconfigured-sets.html

• Update. However the Sony delivers the quality to get the job done I still had the urge to compare this system with a Line 6 relay G75. So I ordered a G75 also. I think both systems operate at the same level. Soundwise you can`t go wrong with both. The Line 6 has some more functions and channels to use and specs are in its favour. Because of this I decided to go with the Line 6. If this is the right descision, time will tell.

Off topic, I`m recently playing at home with a LD-systems Maui 5 speaker configuration. This systems sounds really good, the sound is wide projected in the room and I think this really improved the sound experience and enjoyment I have compared to my monitor system I was using before. If you`re in search for a sound sytem definitely something to check out.

Time to play now, cheers...

• Just got a Line6 G70. It's a good piece of equipment. However the batteries don't last very long on the transmitter. I used the auto-sleep function , thinking the batteries would be using no juice overnight, but in the morning I only had only 4 hours remaining from an almost fresh set of batteries (was at 8 hours when I put the guitar on its stand).
    Are people using rechargeable batteries?

• I'm using Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables. They are great and keep their power for very long. Also they don't discharge when not in use.

I'm using Eneloop Pro recharagbles (the black batteries) for my IEM pack and agree they are really good. I notice no appreciable difference in run time from the good quality non-rechargable batteries I was using. They dont suffer from the "memory" issues of older rechargables so you can top them up whenever needed, but I usually just keep one pair in the charger so I know I've always got a good set on hand. In the U.S I think I paid $30 for a pack that had 4 batteries and a 4 slot charger. I never used to trust rechargables for critical applications, but apparently the technology has improved a bunch over the last 10years. I'd recommend the Eneloops for sure.

These are the ones: Amazon Link

• I've been using G30 and works ok, but everytime I play near a dock or a really big venue I can't find a channel that works, What would be the upgrade, need to buy a better one

• i guess you'll have to try this out for yourself as there are guitarists who don't like specific gear for its latency... i heard that for the kemper as well and i can't understand it. maybe i'm not that sensitive... i use a akg wms mini pro and tried a ld systems mei once and had no problems with latency... if you WANT to hear it you'll hear it - i guess...

• Thanks Greenblob. I bought the Sanyo/Panasonic eleloop charger and the white eneloop batteries. I chose the white over the black "pros" for now, since the black can be recharged 500 times "only". The whites can be recharged 2000 times according to the specs.

• I noticed something weird last night when playing thru headphones with the G70. A very loud hum, which I don't get if I play thru my frfr speaker. I then disconnected the Line 6 transmitter cable from my guitar, used a regular instrument cable and the hum went away.
    Anyone experienced the same? What could it be?

• Actually, after double checking it seems like the hum is present only when I plug 2 outputs. and is present not only on headphones, but also on the frfr wedge an amp. If I remove one instrument cable from say output B, the hum is gone. I can reduce the hum when I increase the noise gate in the kemper, but that's not a solution.

Could it be ground loop related? I'm quite a noob when it comes to these things.
    Just got the relay a couple of days ago. I could swear that there was no hum on the first day I set it up. Only started yesterday.

My config is as follow:
    Line6 Relay G70 - output A goes to kemper -> Frfr Speaker.
    Line6 Relay G70 - output B goes to tube amp.
    I have A and B always active, I use the G70 stomp button to switch between my 2 guitars associated with one receiver each. I switch from amp to frfr wedge by using the tuners (kemper tuner to diable the kemper, stompbox tuner to disable the tube amp).

• I used it in the past (version I) and i was pretty unhappy.
    Compared to the "way cheaper" G30, it was noisier and I wasn't in love with the form factor.
    The only cons was the rechargeable battery. I don't know if they managed to have a more silent operation in the newer versions.

• Just got a Line6 G70. It's a good piece of equipment. However the batteries don't last very long on the transmitter. I used the auto-sleep function , thinking the batteries would be using no juice overnight, but in the morning I only had only 4 hours remaining from an almost fresh set of batteries (was at 8 hours when I put the guitar on its stand).
    Are people using rechargeable batteries?

Not sure what could be going on there. I'm not super familiar with the G70 but I'd assume it should not be bleeding the charge with the bodypack turned off. Would be a pain if you had to remove the batteries each night.

Let us know if you find anything with the G70 battery eating behavior. I'm sure it'd be helpful info down the road for others with the same unit.

Thanks Greenblob. I bought the Sanyo/Panasonic eleloop charger and the white eneloop batteries. I chose the white over the black "pros" for now, since the black can be recharged 500 times "only". The whites can be recharged 2000 times according to the specs.

Yeah. Thats correct. I went with the "pro" model as they have a higher mAh capacity which significantly increases their runtime in high drain devices. Not sure an IEM bodypack reciever would be classed as high drain (my use of the batt's), but I'd bet a bodypack transmitter would. I was just covering my bases :) I seem to only need to charge each pair once per week on heavy practice/gig weeks, so 500 cycles of the 4 batteries should last me about 10 years.. I think that'll be ok. lol.. pretty good for a $30 outlay!

• JimmyNo,
    I had not heard that about the StageClix.
    We do not have them here in the states. They have been out for a few years, t least by now.
    I just blew $1,400 on IEM's so a guitar wireless will be a bit away for now.