Newbie Question about storing

• Please forgive my elementary question: OK, here is what I got going. In the Rig Manager, under the Local Library, I created a sub folder called "My Name". I dragged some of my favorite profiles in to this folder. Made some tweaks to a profile and went to store the tweaked profile. I can only "save as". However, if I load this same profile from "MyProfiler", I get the option to replace, save as and rename. What am I missing? Is the subfolder I created just a folder to hold some of my chosen profiles and if I tweak these and plan to store them in this sub-folder, I need to save as to prevent overwriting the rig in MyProfiler? Please do not beat me up over this question; I recently got beat up over another issue on TGP and I would greatly appreciate the professionalism from this forum.

Tom Anderson, Don Grosh and Larrivee guitars. Pro Tools 12 and UAD Apollo Duo recording rig. Kemper Rack employed for my direct recorded guitar needs.

• if you load the Rig from the "My Profiler" view, and edit it in the KPA. you are editing the Rig that is actually in the KPA. You can Replace the existing rig, Save As another Rig, or Rename the Rig when you save it.

If you load the Rig into the KPA from a Rig Manager folder, you are loading a copy of a Rig from Rig Manager. Even if it has the same name as a Rig that is already in the KPA, it is not the same Rig as the one in the KPA.

Since it is a different Rig, and is present only in the Edit Buffer of the KPA - it is not Stored in the KPA's Rigs. It cannot be "Replaced" in the KPA memory, because it is not in the KPA memory. You cannot "Rename" a Rig that is not in the KPA memory, either. So, "Save As" is the option that is offered, to store the Rig into the KPA without inadvertantly overwriting a Rig that is already in the KPA.

• Thank you for your insightful reply!

Tom Anderson, Don Grosh and Larrivee guitars. Pro Tools 12 and UAD Apollo Duo recording rig. Kemper Rack employed for my direct recorded guitar needs.