Assign Looper button to other feature in 4.0?

• Am I right in thinking that in 4.0 you can assign the Looper and Tuner buttons to different features?

Could I make my Looper button always be a clean boost, no matter what rig I'm in or is it only assignable to certain features?

• Am I right in thinking that in 4.0 you can assign the Looper and Tuner buttons to different features?

Could I make my Looper button always be a clean boost, no matter what rig I'm in or is it only assignable to certain features?

Hi, yes, I believe you can do this. Don't have a Remote, but you could map the looper and tuner buttons to a boost in one of the stomp slots.

• Really pleased to see this, as I think it means as a non-looper user I now have an extra button available for a stomp.
    However, I'm not quite brave enough to go 4.0 beta on my gigging Kemper. Can I just check from anyone who's done this yet, where the changelog says:
    "added: new subpage “Button Assignments” on page “Remote Settings” in System Menu allows to assign alternative functions to Remote’s TAP, TUNER, and LOOPER buttons"
    Is there a list of alternative functions? How do you actually set the function to be used? For example, if I wanted to set the LOOPER button to be a solo boost on a given profile in performance mode, what do I set the 'alternative function' value to? Do I assign the LOOPER button in the same way I assign I-IV buttons? (by pressing the stomp + remote button at the same time)

Thanks
    Jordan

• Could I make my Looper button always be a clean boost, no matter what rig I'm in or is it only assignable to certain features?

If your Rig has the clean booster in one stomp than it is possible to assign.
    But I think its not possible to assign the looper button in a locked way, so its always a booster stomp box. Even if the booster funtion is alway in the same stomp slot.
    As all assignment function It has to be defined per Rig - I assume.

• AFAIK the alternate assignments of Looper, Tap and Tuner Button are global/permanently. you can assign these switches to the same functions as any pedal jack connected footswitches, e.g. Stomp Slot A, Delay Slot.
    So if your booster is always in the same position this actually works the way you're asking for.

Unfortunately the corresponding LED doesn't move with the function to the other switch - it's always the same LED that blinks with the tap tempo no matter which button is in charge. I hope that Kemper consider a change on this behavior

• Where you can lock the assignment of any stomp button to a certain stomp-number?
    Would like use it if possible!

Sharry you're confusing the two types of switches.

Any Footswitch connected to the Pedal jacks, say 1 or 2 on the back of the KPA or 3,4,5,6 on the front of the Remote can only be locked to one function.
    Any of the Effect Buttons with a roman numeral like I, II, III, IV is only definable per Rig.

Yes, it is confusing at first glance, but makes sense when thinking about the way the LED types are arranged.
    I think it is a good mix the way it is.

• Any Footswitch connected to the Pedal jacks, say 1 or 2 on the back of the KPA or 3,4,5,6 on the front of the Remote can only be locked to one function.

Thanks for the hint. It motivated me to make a closer look to this topic.
    I found in the system setting the function Stomp "A or /B/C/D" on /off. I did not find a locking, but I think this is as system definition not necessary.

• Another question to this Topic (it's not described in the Manuals):

When I've set the looper-button globally to a different function (f.e. Delay on/off), can I still use the looper at all?

or/and additionally:

when I then assign the looper-start to an external button, is it still possible to change different looper-functions at all, f.e. 1/2-speed ?

• when I then assign the looper-start to an external button, is it still possible to change different looper-functions at all, f.e. 1/2-speed ?

I tried it - The answer is yes. The function is as you want.

The only weird thing I considered that the LED of Looper button dont become dark any more just a bright and a less bright status.
    I did not check this issue further.

Edit: Maybe was to fast. I just tried the Looper mode to switch with an external butten. The Looper mode button I configurated for morphing. If looper mode was started I could choose 1/2 speed.

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry ().