Complete Newbie Question, Cab Selection For Live Set Up.

• Hello-

I have read the Gianfranco Di Mare pdf on first time users, studied the manuals and watched all the turorials and am now ready to open the box.

My question is, I am going to be using a Marshall 4x12 cab for onstage monitoring until I can afford a full range PA type cab and am wondering the best approach to programming my first set of rigs.

I think the best approach is to monitor through my DAW and find a rig that is in the ballpark and then switch the cab to what I will be using onstage. This way, as I program I will be listening to what the sound man will be getting. Then when I have all my sounds programmed, I can hook it up to a power amp and my 4x12 and disengage the cab setting on the Profiler.

I should get roughly the same sound that I programmed while listening to my studio monitors with the cab simulator engaged, right?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, just wanted to see what everyone else's approach was when using a standard Marshall cab.

• Thanks!

For speed, I think I am just going to leave the presets as is and hope for the best when I put it through the Marshall cab. If the soundman is getting what I am hearing through my DAW, I can deal with whatever limitations I may hear onstage.

• Paul,

Just to let you know, I use a conventional set up with my Kemper - straight into a 4 x 12, miked up. Even in that config I think it sounds ace. You can bring in using the FOH direct at a later stage if you want. I've not taken that step yet and I've been running mine for 18 months ish..