Rig Manager

• I have a problem that Rig Manager is loosing contact with my Kemper. The only way to make contact with my Kemper is to reinstall Rig Manager after I turn on my Kemper. I use El Capitan and I have last version of Rig Manager and Kemper firmware.
    Do anyone had the same problem or any solution on this?

Regards Paul

• I don't experience this behavior. I'm also using El Capitan and never had that. It is always stable. Which firmware and Rig Manager versions are you using?

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• I never worked with that particular combination but it definitely shouldn't happen. Try using other USB cables and try using other ports or avoid a usb hub just to sort out other possible issues and then open a support ticket if nothing helps. I'm using a more or less cheap cable and also going through an hub and it always worked fine.

You can try updating to the 4.0.2 beta and see if the bug's gone. You are always able to downgrade to 3.3.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• What versions are you working with..
    I use the USB direct on my iMac with no hub. I tried other cables but same problem..
    It can be my iMac..
    I will try with my macbook later to see if it`s working.

• I'm not sure if I got the latest Rig Manager installed (can't check I'm at work) but I use 4.0.2 beta and also used 3.2, 3.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1 and maybe 4 to 5 different version of Rig Manager and never experienced that.
    Try your MacBook when you find the time and if the bug's still there it must be related to your Kemper. In that case I'd really recommend to check if it still occurs with 4.0.2 installed. If so it might be that something is wrong with your amp but I really don't think so. So no worries! :thumbup:

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• Hey Pau1968!

A few days ago I experienced the exact same issues. KPA 4.0.1.1204 and RM as yours. Prompted to upgrade the RM, Idid, and
    then KPA crashed upon RM synchronising the rigs. I reinstalled RM and next time the sync came out alright, but then a got a few
    KPA crashes while previewing rigs within RM... It was getting late that night, so I did another thing on the to do list; wipe all rigs
    except favs ;) Went well, but after that no connection RM -> KPA. I sent a message to support with log + some photos of the display
    crash messages and let it rest... Couple days later I started it all up and, of course, works like a charm! I don't know what happened.
    Today I got a reply from support simply saying "please update profiler to the latest version which will solve the issue reported" (?)

So that's where I'm at, but I guess just now, when everything seems fine anyway, I'll better just let it be.

This will probably not solve anything for you, but I wanted to share so at least you know you're not alone ;)

Regards

• You said you're using 4.0.1? But the newest is 4.0.2 since a few weeks. Maybe you missed that.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• When I look at downloads on Kempers page I can only see one version of Rig Manager Mac 1.5 (Revision 41) Release
    I can't find any version 4....
    I tried Ringmaster on Ibook and its working fine for now so I guess there is an issue the USB on my iMac...

• Today I got a reply from support simply saying "please update profiler to the latest version which will solve the issue reported" (?)
    This will probably not solve anything for you, but I wanted to share so at least you know you're not alone

the problem you've reported was related to the profiler software you are using. if you update the software to the latest version, the issue will not surface again. we can see this in the log files you've kindly submitted. the problem occurs infrequently and it is probably unrelated to what the OP describes.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here