Is there a High Cut in 4.0 ?

• Hi All,

I would reeeeeeally like a high/low cut option in the "amp" section - I know it has come up in "future request" - but have they incorporated it in 4.0 ?

I cant upgrade to 4 because I'm a gigging musician and need my Kemper to run flawless every day. :)

I used to jog, but the ice cubes kept falling out of my drink ;)

• Howdy!

But as a gigging musician you are able to read the release notes, right? :P
    Mate, unfortunately I have to tell you that there still is no global high cut or a high cut settled in the amp section.
    I'd really love to see that too since sometimes you have to waste a slot behind the amp just for an EQ with some high and low cuts.

Hopefully this will be implemented in the future.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• The Equalizer stomps in the Profiler offer a low cut and hi cut parameter in the current release version.

You'll have to use a post-amp stomp slot for an EQ to do this at present.

That's basically what I said. :D Since I often use EQs in the post amp section it doesn't bother me that much but sometimes it's really a shame to waste that slot.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Bugger ..... I need all 4 slots after amp section for Lead boost, Chorus, Delay and Reverb

Must try with an EQ before amp section :(

• Bugger ..... I need all 4 slots after amp section for Lead boost, Chorus, Delay and Reverb

That's not working well depending on what settings you have. The amp itself produces frequencies over 10.000 Hz even if you cut them out before the amp.
    Give it a try. Use i. E. an EQ before the amp and cut everything above 10 kHz then add a tube screamer and dial some gain for the screamer and the amp in. Then place an EQ behind the amp and use your headphones while cutting out everything above 10 kHz and you will notice that there are in fact again frequencies over 10 kHz.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• That's not working well depending on what settings you have. The amp itself produces frequencies over 10.000 Hz even if you cut them out before the amp.
    Give it a try. Use i. E. a EQ before the amp and cut everything above 10 kHz then add a tube screamer and dial some gain for the screamer and the amp in. Then place an EQ behind the amp and use your headphones while cutting out everything above 10 kHz and you will notice that there are in fact again frequencies over 10 kHz.

i know - which is why I would like i in the AMP section - and as statede earlier - I need the 4 slots for effects :) Or..... I will have to use chorus in mono ....yikes ! :D

• You still have the option to use the master OUT EQ in the master section

Of course but it got no cuts and that's what he needs.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Can you workaround that? Do you really need the booster? You could create a new rig where you just turn up the amp volume in the amp section if it's just for volume matters.
    Of course this is not cool, I totally get that, and it's not intuitive but until they release a global cut it would maybe do the trick?

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• You could create a new rig where you just turn up the amp volume in the amp section if it's just for volume matters.

Or... you could take the plunge to 4.0.2 and use morphing for a volume boost within the same rig!

I know it's risky to use beta firmware as a gigging musician (and for the record, Kemper advises against it in general) but the latest version has been very stable. If you'd rather wait until it's out of beta, at least you know it will bring a solution for your problem when it comes out. Just replace your lead boost slot by the post-amp EQ you need, and use morphing for leads.

(Quick info on morphing: it allows you to define a second "version" of your settings within the same rig, with as many parameters tweaked as you like, and seamlessly switch between the two, either by using an expression pedal or by pressing the Remote button for the current rig again.)

• Hmmmmm ..... maybe I could do that. I want to be able to turn my boost on/off when ever I feel the need and on any given preset.

I have my foot controller (All Access) set up, sop that I have 5 presets in each bank and 10 on/off switches for alle my effects and tap and so on.

• For a global boost control you can configure a volume pedal in the rig menu. Set the range value to something like +5 and position it post effects.

That sounds cool. Can you set heel to 100% and toe to > 100%?

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• Related but not truly addressing the OP's issue - there actually are high/low pass filters outside of the eq stomps. This is a good thread that is related, albiet without addressing the eq in the amp stack issue:

The Kemper does also have a high/low-pass filter, just not with the other EQs in the list - they're back at the beginning under the Wah effects, since you can use them with a pedal to sweep the frequency of the filter up and down. You just have to load up Wah High Pass or Wah Low Pass and set the Pedal Mode to "Off" to get a stationary filter that you can control with the knobs on the KPA. In this case, Manual adjusts your frequency and Peak adjusts your Q.

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…Beq%2Btutorial#post232672

• I think that the best way would be to implement the Studio EQ into the Cab section. That way it wouldn't effect the monitor out when using a guitar cab. With the EQ in Cab section you could also fine tune the cab into your liking in more ways that just HP/LP.