Changing performance slot on wah-wah movement

• Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Kemper PowerRack and I have to say I'm absolutely thrilled about it. My next step is to buy a foot controller but I'm having some doubts in this department, maybe you guys can help me out a bit. My requirements are simple as I'm not a very versatile player. I prepared a performance lined up with three slots: rhythm, lead, and lead+wah, that should cover most of my needs live. The lead slot has some delay and reverb thrown in and the lead+wah slot has that plus the wah-wah effect. What I want to know is if there is a way of changing to the lead+wah slot just by moving the wah-wah pedal (autoengage maybe?) and going back to the rhythm slot when releasing the wah-wah. To go the lead slot I will just use a normal switch. I hope I was clear and you guys can help me :D

Cheers

• You can autoengage the wah by choosing bypass@stop as the pedal mode but you cannot us this to switch to another slot.
    if the only difference between the lead and the lead%wah sound is the wah you should simply put the wah in the lead slot and use bypass@stop to autoengage the wah effect when you need it.

• Thanks for the prompt reply. I figured that I could do that, but that requires me to stomp on a switch and then move my foot to the expression pedal, I'm trying to avoid that.

Cheers

• Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Kemper PowerRack and I have to say I'm absolutely thrilled about it. My next step is to buy a foot controller but I'm having some doubts in this department, maybe you guys can help me out a bit. My requirements are simple as I'm not a very versatile player. I prepared a performance lined up with three slots: rhythm, lead, and lead+wah, that should cover most of my needs live. The lead slot has some delay and reverb thrown in and the lead+wah slot has that plus the wah-wah effect. What I want to know is if there is a way of changing to the lead+wah slot just by moving the wah-wah pedal (autoengage maybe?) and going back to the rhythm slot when releasing the wah-wah. To go the lead slot I will just use a normal switch. I hope I was clear and you guys can help me :D

Cheers

As mentioned before, if your "lead with wah" is exactly the same as lead in terms of amp and volume, just add wah to one of the effects slots on the lead patch. I have mine set to bypass on heel but thats just my preference, but you can bypass on stop as mentiioned. This means you just step on the expression pedal and the wah is there, no button presses. Simples ! :)

• Once again thanks guys :D. I was thinking on only one scenario: playing the rhythm slot and changing to lead+wah just by moving the expression pedal. If I understand what you are saying I have to be already in the lead slot to use the wah-wah and its bypass@stop. In summary if I want to jump from rhythm to lead with wah I have to stomp on a switch and then use the expression pedal, if I'm already on the lead slot then it will work as you say. Am I right or am I a total idiot ?

• playing the rhythm slot and changing to lead+wah just by moving the expression pedal

I like the idea! I think you could post a feature request for that!

For every rig you could define a "link" to a pedal which brings you to a certain rig/slot when you move this pedal.
    I don't know if this would be possible, but i think it could be of some use to several people :)

I generally would like to have the possibility to jump to predefined rigs. Like pressing the switch of the active slot to bring up something like a predefinet 'default' rig.