Selecting Cab for a DI Profile - sounds awesome, but not sure if I am doing right?

• Hey guys. So, I did a DI profile of my Marshall AFD100 using a Suhr Reactive Load. Sounds killer with a Marshall 412 with V30.

Since I have been playing in some studios that do not have a cab, I am running the KPA through the PA system. And I wanted to use my own profile, so I was just looking for a cab preset on the Kemper to make a merged profile.

So I selected my DI profile, pressed the cab button, and scrolled through the options. Came across the Mars MP from MBritt, and it sounded great! Then I pressed the soft button "Merge Cabinet", and the tone was not the same, it was way worst...

Does anybody know why? I just stored a new profile without hitting the "Merge Cabinet" soft button, sounds awesome. Not sure what this is, though. Am I using my DI profile with the cab (although not merged)? I know I am not using the full profile Mars MP, because it sounds way different. I was only able to play with headphones in this scenario so far, but very happy with the result. Just curious as to what exactly I am playing here. LOL

Thanks!

• From what I have read on this forum: You should only hit the 'Merge Cabinet' button during a profiling session to make a merged profile. When you select a cab for a DI profile you should not hit that button because when you do, you are merging a merged cabinet again.