" Direct Output " not Locking to " Git-Analog " ..... possible Profiling bug (?)

• Hey all

Was doing a stack of Profiling with FW 3.3 .... after having done quite a few I discovered that despite "locking" the Outputs so that " Direct Out " was locked-to " Guitar-analog " [ which is the best setting -and default- for profiling ] it would always revert to " Git Processing " which introduces AD conversion ..... so without knowing, most/all of my profiles were done with " Git-Processing " ...... not the preferred / default Profiling setting.

As I was moving between Browse / Profiling back and forth .... no matter what, Direct Out would not " stick" / "default" to Guitar - Analog ....... ?

Anyone else seeing / getting this ?

Don't know yet if this an issue in FW 4.0.4.

Ben

• I've experienced this a few times too. Nice one for making a thread about it, hopefully its something that can be rectified in a firmware update.

• I think I have experienced this. Probably because you should be able to test the profiler rig with effects. And I would not worry about it as the Kemper does the profiling ("UFO-noises"), not your guitar.

The only part where you could argue the guitar is involved is during the refining process, but this process only analyzes the complexity of the amps' circuit, intermodulation etc. Kemper denies that the guitar imparts any significant signature in this process, and I would worry more about the human element (chords etc.) when refining.

What I would find usefull though is an UNDO/REDO/STACK-function for the refining process. This way if you are unhappy with the turn-out you can decide not to do it, redo it or do it with multiple guitars or instuments, without having to redo the profiling.

So, keep your peace of mind :).