Line 6 G10 wireless system

• Has anyone ever tried to use this on like a Keyboard or Kemper output? We are trying to become as wireless as possible at our church and thought this may be a good solution.

Thanks
    Jason

• Has anyone ever tried to use this on like a Keyboard or Kemper output? We are trying to become as wireless as possible at our church and thought this may be a good solution.

Thanks
    Jason

A better solution for for this would be to get a receiver that can handle multiple inputs simultaneously. That way you won't need to power multiple receivers.

• I picked one up yesterday to try out at my outdoor gig tomorrow.
    I have used my G30 with no problems at the same venue multiple times so it will be a good test for me to see if it is a keeper or not.
    Of course I will still have my G30, and cables for backup.

• I use it at rehearsal yesterday and at the moment my opinion is - I will send it back.
    To much drop outs. The receiver was 2 m in front of me. I continued with the cable.
    Will spend a 2nd try next week. With bigger distance as I have heard in the mean time that a to close distance could cause this.
    At the Moment I am disapointed

• I use it at rehearsal yesterday and at the moment my opinion is - I will send it back.
    To much drop outs. The receiver was 2 m in front of me. I continued with the cable.
    Will spend a 2nd try next week. With bigger distance as I have heard in the mean time that a to close distance could cause this.
    At the Moment I am disapointed

How strange. At home, I'm never further than 2 meters from the receiver and I haven't had any drop outs whatsoever. The only time it dropped the signal was when I went out to the kitchen to purposefully see how far the range was (about 18 meters, as it turns out. Through doors and walls!).

• How strange. At home, I'm never further than 2 meters from the receiver and I haven't had any drop outs whatsoever

At home I also did not consider this effect.
    I could leave the house (no curve) and could play at the terrace.
    Last chance next saturday :/

• So I tried the standby feature with adapter TRS-TS. It is working! The G10 goes to standby and will wake up right after the first strum. But: The active electronics of the instrument will stay on, of course. One should at least unplug the adapter from the instrument, but the G10 could be left connected to the adapter...

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Yesterday's gig was a success.
    I was very close to it most of the time, and didn't get the chance to venture out too far, but even at that just the ease of use is worth it over a cable.
    I put it back on the dock in between sets just to have the signal muted and try it out, worked like a charm.
    I am definitely selling my G30 now.

• Update:
    Maybe I found the reason for the drop outs last rehearsal.
    I seems that the wire less mouse (Bluetooth) of my tablet (MS surface 3) disturb the G10.

Will check next rehearsal with a USB cable mouse .

• I just had a high gain amp on my Kemper. Unplugged the G10 from guitar right into the Relay. I did it somehow roughly and heared strange noises. So I tapped the Relay with my fingers to test, and guess what? Its microphonic! Quite loud!

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Gig went smoothly on the technical side, the G10 performing flawlessly. Thumbs up! Now all we have to do is remember to not fly the drummer in from NY directly to the show... Not rehearsing is bad, y'all

• Ouch, what happened? Some major goof up, or just some technical difficulties?

Some monitoring issues (we play with a scratch DJ that also drops breaks in some tracks, and the drummer couldn't really hear him to keep in time! No biggie, it wasn't actually that bad, but we have high standards) and we also chose to play a new track that the drummer hasn't played before...! :S

Nothing related to the G10 though