Poweramp of the power rack kemper doesn't start immediately

• Hi Guys,
    I've been using the kemper powered rack version for a while now in live situations without any issues.
    A few weeks ago at the rehearsal space my sound (at really high volumes, I mean really high! :) ) was distorting like hell, especially with the low lows. That was resolved by movies the kemper of my Matrix FR1212. Apparently the parts inside the kemper started to move with certain freq, I think...
    Anyways, that day the poweramp took a really long time to start up, like 3 minutes or more. Last Wednesday it was the same. Are there any people out there that have this problem to? It works just fine after that, but it's still a little strange I think.

Dave

• Unclear what you mean. It takes a few mins for the kemper to power up ( like a PC).

If you mean there is a delay after the Kemper has booted up and the poweramp kicking in, there is a an issue. As soon as its booted up, the power amp is available.

• Indeed, it's the poweramp itself that is starting later than the Kemper. Kemper boots up in 45 to 50 sec, then it's something like 3 to 4 minutes later 'till the poweramp suddenly turns on.
    I have contacted Kemperamps via a support ticket but the first thing they said it was the normal startup time, even though I said it had nothing to do with normal boot time. Oh well, I'll start another ticket I guess :)

Dave

• I assume its nothing to do with the volume control?

I had an issue where I got no volume when I turned it up until it got past a certain point. That turned out to be an issue with linked volumes...

• I don't think so, it's really wierd. This is my normal routine when i'm at the rehearsal space.
    Put my cab on the floor, put the kemper amp at the floor -> Attach kemper floor board -> put power chord in the wall socket -> turn on my powerblock -> Turn on kemper amp -> Wait for kemper to start up -> Everything is working (change patches on the floor unit without problems - tuner works to - input light is flashing normal) -> then suddenly after 3 to 4 minutes the poweramp kicks in!

Can't be normal behaviour right?

Dave.