wrong speaker connected

• OK. That's clear. Thanks . But man, it's hard to accomplish...!

I have made a rig called like Run to hell (yes, that one) using the stereo delay from the X section. I use a pretty clean amp like the 63 Vibroverb. I connected those two FRFR cabs to Monitor out and Direct out.

The left speaker sounds very distorted with some delay in the background, the other one sounds clean and clear. There's also a very big volume difference between the two cabs. Still both are set to the same volume level. Within the profiler both volumes of Monitor out and Direct out are set to -20 dB. Both clean sense and distortion sense are set to 0.0. dB.
    But any balance is nowhere to be found. What do I overlook here?

Are the both outputs seft to Master L and R? Also make sure that there is no monitor output applied. Last but not least do the connected cabs have the same input sensitivity?

• Are the both outputs seft to Master L and R? Also make sure that there is no monitor output applied. Last but not least do the connected cabs have the same input sensitivity?

Yes. In the Output menu I have set Monitor output to Master L and Direct output to Master R. The two cabs are identical and volumes for both are set to equal levels. But what do you mean by NO MONITOR APPLYING?

• Back to your reply: If they are linear, would I have then perfect stereo using Direct Out and Monitor Out?

You'd have the perfect stereo anyway. The issue would be related to the impossibility to kill the cab profile for both channels, which is inadvisable with most (real) guitar cabs.

On a side note, a so called "FRFR" cab aims at be linear. Perfect linearity and transparency are impossible to achieve in the real world, but the best designs can be linear enough that human ear can't detect a difference.

• Yes. In the Output menu I have set Monitor output to Master L and Direct output to Master R. The two cabs are identical and volumes for both are set to equal levels. But what do you mean by NO MONITOR APPLYING?

Sorry I meant to say 'no EQ applied on monitor output'.

• Am i wrong or isnt the direct out without any fx?
    In my mind:
    monitor out is with fx. The channel is mono
    direct out is without fx. . The channel is mono.
    xlr outs to foh are with fx. Xlr l , xlr R setted stereo out
    power amp out only to an unpowered cab mono

So finaly playing stereo is possible with monitor out and direct out, but the direct out is without effects. No panning delays, no stereo chorus and so on.

Cheers
    Frank

• So finaly playing stereo is possible with monitor out and direct out, but the direct out is without effects. No panning delays, no stereo chorus and so on.

I have fx on both cabs, using Direct out and Monitor out, but as said a way a very noticible difference in volume levels and fx levels between both cabs.
    What I can think of is (I don't know the word for this....) that the fx in one channel is picked up and only partially sounds through the second cab...

• Ah thats new for me. Thought the direct out is only the pure direct signal. Never used that signal.
    If you cabs are identical it can be that production tolerances will be the issue.

• This brings me back to what I started this topic for: playing stereo on stage without problems. It has been said before that all versions of the KPA are identical as far as connections and routings.
    But I've learned that it's possible to switch off the poweramp in the Powerhead, thus functioning as a non powered KPA, and then connect a external stereo power amp to the main outs, of course with two unpowered cabs. connected to that power amp. This brings true stereo on stage.
    From the stereo amp OUTPUTS, you go to FOH. In that case you won't need Direct out and Monitor out.
    I know, why then buying a powerhead in the first place? Well, because I could not forsee all routings.

• My on stage setting is main out left and right to foh mixer. Monitor out to my frfr with cab sim on or alternatv monitor out to a poweramp bridged to mono, cab sim off to my mesa boogie 2x12 real cab.
    Works fine.

• OK! So no stereo on stage? I can recall someone writing that it's no use to connect a non powered cab to Monitor out, I guess even with cab sim onbecause there would be no power coming out from Monitor out. Or did I understand wrong?
    So that's why you also use a poweramp?

• The monitor out is always unpowered. If you use an active frfr on monitor out cab must be on because its not a real guitar cab. If you use a real guitar cab you have to go from monitor out to poweramp in and from poweramp to the real cab. Therefore cab sim must be of because you use a real guitar cab.
    These are basics in using the kpa.

• You don't have to shut off cab sim when you use a guitar cab, but you need to understand that you will be using a cab sim and then also have the real cab as well. So the sound may be different than expected. But it could be something you like too. Try both ways, it's only Rock and roll.

• You don't have to shut off cab sim when you use a guitar cab, but you need to understand that you will be using a cab sim and then also have the real cab as well. So the sound may be different than expected. But it could be something you like too. Try both ways, it's only Rock and roll.

Yes, thats right. It depends on taste.

• As a rule of thumb, every cab not expressly designed for a guitar power amp is somehow "linear". They can then be of the "broad range" kind of have a "narrow range".
    Usually a real cab not meant for guitar has some degree of linearity and some band width. Only the best ones are extremely linear and gifted with a very large range of reproduced frequencies.