About to try my Kemper live for the first time !! Any advice ?

• Hey

So obtained my first powered Kemper about a week ago. Its coming to the time when I need to use it in a live setting. Does anyone have any advice on how to set it up so I don't run into any complications as I'm setting it up on the night? I'll be touring quite a lot and venues will vary so I want to plug my Kemper straight into the mixing desk for front of house and also run it into a cab to keep the onstage feel I know and love, with my guitar sound hitting me in the backside. Im guessing FOH will need the cab simulator to be on but I will need it off for the guitar cab, but im unsure how to set this up, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

• Also set your main output (FOH) to -20db. Sound man will appreciate it. I do not send a stereo signal to FOH, just mono. But I do send two signals and let them pan it hard left and hard right. Just my preference. The sound is enormous, compared to stereo.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• Also set your main output (FOH) to -20db. Sound man will appreciate it. I do not send a stereo signal to FOH, just mono. But I do send two signals and let them pan it hard left and hard right. Just my preference. The sound is enormous, compared to stereo.

If you send two ideantical signals to L and R, when panned they should sound just as a mono signal but louder (unless there are stereo effects involved). Or am I wrong?

Thanks.

• That is true. Really not going for a stereo sound but a louder and fuller sound. Tried all the options available and this one sounded the best. We play heavy music and so usually the bigger and louder option is first choice. I believe if I was playing something lighter and with more nuances I would go for the stereo signal as it is clear and dynamic.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• Welcome.
    On monitor output 'Cab Off' needs to be checked.
    Global cab stays on for the main outs.
    It's in the manual as well. ;)

Wondering, why does Cab Off need to be checked on your monitor output. If you are sending to FOH from the Main Outputs, why would you want Cab Off for monitor output? Would it apply if you are going from monitor out to an power amp on stage connected to a real cabinet? Is that why?

• Wondering, why does Cab Off need to be checked on your monitor output. If you are sending to FOH from the Main Outputs, why would you want Cab Off for monitor output? Would it apply if you are going from monitor out to an power amp on stage connected to a real cabinet? Is that why?

Yes, the OP stated
    he wanted to use a guitar cab on stage.