Tech 21 Midi Moose

• Hi guys!

I just bought my Kemper Powerhead, and the midi world is totally new to me. I'm looking forward to start with the Midi Moose as foot controller, because of the size, price...

My question is: what i can and can't do with the Midi Moose controller?

Thanks.

• Looks like it can only recall patches. You might want to get a foot switch or two and an expression pedal so you can use the morph feature and have a wah effect.

• Hi drog, thanks for the reply. :)

I'm already using a Cry Baby...in the future i'll think about an expression pedal as well.

My main concern is if it is possible to use two effects in the same button, like in one push i could activate delay and a phaser, for example.

• That would be the Morphing button/expression pedal. It can change anything you like pretty much. All my rythym channels now have a morph to lead option that can usually adds delays, decreases mods and boosts volume a tad. I love it.

• Yes, if you get a foot switch you can do this. The foot switch needs to be the unlatching kind ( boss fsu, for example). Then assign the foot switch spot in the Kemper to "inverse" and anything that is off will turn on or anything on will turn off ( all with one button). So for example put a phaser in slot d and a delay in delay slot. Leave everything else empty. Turn the effects off and then save the profile. Now when you hit the pedal, they will both turn on. Hit it again and they both turn off. You could have other effects in the other slots if you want and toggle between them, even different delays and phaser if you want.

• So, without another pedal, i can't use two effects on one hit.

I think i'll look up for another midi controller then. Aways used analog pedals, and i'm tired of tap dancing on gigs :D

What midi controller do you guys recommend?

Thanks again.

• @Jtowers With a MIDI program change pedal, like the one you mentioned, this can still be done. Each Performance Slot has a factory assigned MIDI Program change number.

If you save a Performance Slot with the two or more active FX, the FX will come on when you press the switch that selects that Performance Slot.

Performance Bank Example:
    1- amplifier
    2- amplifier +chorus
    3- amplifier +delay
    4- amplifier +chorus +delay
    5- amplifier +chorus +delay +boost

• @drog I see...for now i just need the possibility to have two or more effects in one hit.

I'm new to the Kemper and Midi world, possibly missing a lot of features, but in the near future i'm planning on buying the profiler remote.