Rig Manager 1.6 Beta 3

• when my win10-pc goes to sleep my kemper freezes (when connected to RM) it's still "playable" with the last loaded rig but I can't change anything. As soon as I activate my pc again everything is fine. I don't really care since it's only "one mouseclick away" but still...

• when my win10-pc goes to sleep my kemper freezes (when connected to RM) it's still "playable" with the last loaded rig but I can't change anything. As soon as I activate my pc again everything is fine. I don't really care since it's only "one mouseclick away" but still...

what do you mean by "my kemper freezes"?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• @G String - any comment/insight on my observations?

not sure what you're referring to specifically but if it's about the performances and names, make sure that you don't edit/create a performance in the local library but directly on the location "MyProfiler".

• not sure what you're referring to specifically but if it's about the performances and names, make sure that you don't edit/create a performance in the local library but directly on the location "MyProfiler".

This:

I don't understand why I should have to keep closing the window I am using to access the rigs for the performance in order for the ability to create a new performance in the other window to show up. I also don't understand why it doesn't update the performance completely without me having to fully load a separate performance, and then go back to the new performance. I am working directly on My Profiler.

• what do you mean by "my kemper freezes"?

I think that's the same behavior that I recognized. "Freeze" means that the hardware unit doesn't react to the knobs or the remote. You can't switch to the tuner or switch sounds, pushing buttons doesn't do anything. The actual sound is still active, playable and sounds normal.

• I think that's the same behavior that I recognized. "Freeze" means that the hardware unit doesn't react to the knobs or the remote. You can't switch to the tuner or switch sounds, pushing buttons doesn't do anything. The actual sound is still active, playable and sounds normal.

exactly..and a click of the mouse brings the pc back to "life" and then the kemper is ok again

• exactly..and a click of the mouse brings the pc back to "life" and then the kemper is ok again

I think that's the same behavior that I recognized. "Freeze" means that the hardware unit doesn't react to the knobs or the remote.

which profiler operating system are you using?

• can somebody please post step-by-step instruction on how to make it freeze? so far, we cannot replicate the issue. also please post which Windows versions you're using.

• can somebody please post step-by-step instruction on how to make it freeze? so far, we cannot replicate the issue. also please post which Windows versions you're using.

Hi @G String - although I am not using performance mode, I was able to reproduce, what @Navar was referencing to in earlier post.

Windows 10 32-bit
    OS 4.0.6.12421 (latest)
    Rig Manager 16.33.12480

0) Open Rig Manager
    1) Load any rig in BROWSER mode and play.
    2) Put your operating system in Sleep Mode (in WIndows press "Start" - > Power -> Sleep)
    3) Switch the KPA knob to PERFORM mode
    4) After while all buttons on KPA are unresponsive, turning knob to BROWSER, TUNER does nothing.
    5) Wake up your OS and login to desktop again - KPA is controllable by buttons and knobs again.

Important: I have noticed that when RIg Manager is not launched, the Profiler is not freezing. It is freezeing in PERFORM mode while RM is active.

Any logs that I can provide?

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• no, still nothing ... how long do you have to wait until the freeze happens? does this also happen when you stay in browse or perform mode?

1) Rig Manager OFF, Windows 10 put to sleep mode, switch KPA to PERFORM mode ----> no "freeze"

2) Rig Manager ON, Windows 10 put to sleep mode, KPA in BROWSER mode operable (can use buttons, switch effects), when I switch to TUNER (sometimes at first time, sometimes when I switch to TUNER for a second time, sometimes when I switch to TUNER for a 3rd time) the unit gets unresponsive after a second. I cannot go back to BROWSER mode. When I login again the unit switches back to the BROWSER mode (if this mode is selected with a knob).

3) Rig Manager ON, Windows 10 put to sleep mode, KPA in BROWSER mode operable (can use buttons, switch effects), when I switch to PERFORM I can use the buttons to select slots etc, but once I switch the knob to BROWSER mode the unit stop responding to switch, buttons.

3.1) Rig Manager ON, Windows 10 put to sleep mode, KPA in BROWSER mode operable (can use buttons, switch effects), when I switch to PERFORM I can use the buttons to select slots etc, I switched the knob to BROWSER mode and then again to PERFORM and the unit stop responding to switch, buttons.

In the 2) and 3) cases I tried to unplug USB cable to "unlock" the Profiler, but it did not help. Also when the unit does not respond, it cannot be switched off using the main knob all the way counterclockwise.

I may record video later.

• skoczy: are you using a hub? please post some details on your motherboard hardware. thanks!

No - Profiler is plugged straight into the laptop SONY VAIO VGN FW21E with Intel PM45 chipset on motherboard.
    I tried to be ahead and I disconnected my USB sound interface, but it did not help.
    Am I the only one having this issue? I think I replied to @Navar's report here...