O pathos da bateria

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like the title says, it's all about the pathos of drums. Lots still to learn about programming those suckers in and getting a big sound, still don't feel it's entirely natural although I know some folk can play in a complete kit on the keyboard all at once, I'm left doing just a couple of instruments per take to build it up. Anyway, apart from that I'm trying to get big sounding drums, my problem obviously is I'm still trying to make everything else sound big too... so back to the drawing board.

• I hear a big hole in the stereo centre... as if there was an important phase shift somewhere. Did you use some "wide open" effect?
    On my small PC monitors it's like they were in counter-phase with each other.

HTH :)

• Hey Viabcore, thanks for listening and for the feedback! There's a slight bit of stereo widening on the drums only but not at an extreme value. On my own dinky laptop speakers here it doesn't noticeably create much of a hole at center (all of the other tracks are dead center apart from two of the doubled guitar parts), OTOH there's so little stereo separation on those speakers that it would be hard to notice anyway, but the bass does get totally lost and that's really what takes up the center on larger speakers.

Obviously I still have a lot to learn. I'll have to pay more attention to this going forward and get that front and center instrument really front and dead center.