DIY mono switch

• It appears to me that the mono switch requires just a momentary switch...not one that is on/off. Can anyone confirm?

I'm rewiring a wah pedal to do both volume and wah switching as an expression pedal...but I'm having a little trouble getting the mono switch to play nice.

Thanks.

• Thanks for the info.

I think I've got it setup right within the Kemper for this. But I'm not sure how this will work exactly once it's complete. If the potentiometer is setup as an expression pedal for volume in jack 3, and the mono switch is setup in jack 4, how does the Kemper know to use the potentiometer for the wah once it's engaged?

• I think I'm answering my own question...but it looks like you have to set it up as one or the other.

So my question really is...are these system settings global or are they for specific rigs? Can I set up a specific rig so that this is a wah and then it's setup in a different rig as volume?

• I think I'm answering my own question...but it looks like you have to set it up as one or the other.

So my question really is...are these system settings global or are they for specific rigs? Can I set up a specific rig so that this is a wah and then it's setup in a different rig as volume?

The mono switch is completely independent of the wah in this situation and control a variety of parameters as setup in system settings. The Jack for the wah would need to be configured as a wah or volume also or profiler won't know what is plugged in to it. You can then utilize a feature called wah to volume so that if no wah is in a rig your back to volume control

• Ahh..yep. I did find that feature on a video tutorial last night as was able to get it to work as you describe. It looks like I have two options...to setup a rig with a wah and use the switch to turn it on/off the old school way. Or setup a rig with wah ON at all times and just switch rigs.

I'm very impressed with some of the brilliantly thought out programming. Obviously, a lot of guitarists have spoke up and got this thing to make sense in a real-world, live application.

Thanks for the help.