Audio Interface for existing USB connection

• Hey Guys,

do you think that Kemper will release a firmware update which with it is possible to use the USB port as an audio interface for recordings?
    Does anyone know if the USB controller is even able to do a job like this? (This question goes to the electro engineers ;) )

Greetings
    Mario

• I've always thought that it was a bizarre design choice for Kemper not to implement a basic 2in2out USB audio interface. It would have made the unit way more useful for practice and home recording.

Also happily using a Quad Capture here. I suspect that if there was any intention of implementing USB audio, it probably would have been included from day 1.

Cheers,

Lyndon.

• I believe the official line was that the Profiler was intended for use by professionals in recording studios, profiling their own amps and sounds, where there wouldn't be any need for an extra audio interface. Why include one then, if not doing so would cut costs, resources and RRP?

• Why include one then, if not doing so would cut costs, resources and RRP?

This isn't a POD we're talking about here. I doubt very much money was saved by not implementing USB audio. As I said before, it would have made the unit much more useful for practice and home recording. Even a professional musicians could have found it useful in a pinch.

• This isn't a POD we're talking about here. I doubt very much money was saved by not implementing USB audio. As I said before, it would have made the unit much more useful for practice and home recording. Even a professional musicians could have found it useful in a pinch.

Of course money would be saved, if only on the accompanying software front, what with there needing to be updated drivers everytime there's a new OS or service pack roll out on whichever machine one chooses to work on. Anyway, I agree that it would be handy, I was only reiterating what had already been stated and then trying to fathom their reasoning.

• Perhaps it could be useful in some situation but if you have an interface with usb and Kemper would also want to connect to usb audio there'd be a conflict for you can only connect one usb audio device.
    And I agree with sambrox it would generate work that somehow has to be paid back. And if you only found it handy (like for instance the internal amp might be to some) but next to never use it you wouldn't want to spend much on it..