Switched OS to 4.0.6 and everything is now FUBAR

• Hi, apologies in advance if there is a thread regarding all of this, I've searched but don't see my specific issues mentioned.

I just updated to 4.0.6 from a previous OS version (I know, I should know which one exactly, but unfortunately I don't) and everything has gone extremely wonky. I can't do a backup because it hadn't occurred to me to back up things before I installed 4.0.6

All of my delays and effects from previous patches are gone, and if I hit (for example) the delay button to edit/add, instead of the effect parameter popping up, the UNDO button lights up, and I can't even exit from there. I've tried reverting to a previous OS version, I believe I've got 2.5.0, but that doesn't seem to work either. My question at this point: Is there a way to factory reset this thing and load 2.5.0? I've searched online for an OS higher than 2.5.0 other than 4.0.6, and can't seem to find anything. Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• Did you try to reinstall the software form Rig Manager

Thanks for the suggestion. I did not try that. I hoped it might be an option, but it's not readily apparent how I might go about doing that. I don't see any option for that kind of thing in the Rig Manager menu's. Where would I find that?

Thanks again,

Ron

• Hi, tried to flash the firmware, and go back to 2.5.0, no luck. Still no ability to access any effects. Any thoughts? Flashing the firmware with 4.0.6 lead to a no resource data message and it would lock up there.

• That cannot be the reason. A firmware is either installed or it is not. There are no halfway upgrades.

This issue around "Ability to access any affect" is probably a misunderstanding caused by changes for example increased flexibility of delay effects in 4.0. Please read Addendum Manual including all changes since 2.5.0.