Noob questions for expression pedals with the Kemper.

• Hi guys,

Just ordered a Kemper remote and looking at various exp pedal options, but I have one main question I need answered before buying one.
    I am NOT playing in a band or touring etc.-just writing and recording in my studio.
    I want a good quality pedal, but it doesn't have to be built to sustain a direct hit from a drone strike.
    My question is this: Can I set the Kemper or remote ups so that when an exp pedal is in the heel position an effect, like whammy, is off and then once I move the pedal past, let's say 10%, the whammy turns on and I can use the whammy effect with the remaining 95% throw range in the exp pedal?

I want to be able to play a riff with no effects, then use the whammy just for a quick note, then go back to no effects etc. without having to step on a momentary switch first to engage the whammy.

Can the Kemper be set up this way and if so, what would you recommend for just a decent pedal for studio use?

thank you,
    Steve

• Yes, the pitch pedal can be used in a similar way - you don't actually specify the percentage of the pedal movement that "ignores" pitch change.

I have an old ernie ball exp pedal, but there are no springs and not much tension so sometimes the whammy or other effect will turn on if I'm not super careful to make sure the pedal is 100% in the heel position. I'm hoping a newer/better pedal will prevent this from happening.

• If the EB pedal doesn't have a tension adjustment, you could try setting normal pitch at toe position, and pull back toward heel to drop the pitch.

Only problem is he'd need it to turn the effect off completely such as in the case of a wah, Paul.

Steve, I and at least one other user here have requested that the Kemper allow some play / leeway / a specified "dead zone" at whichever position one chooses as the "off" one, be it heel or toe. I'm guessing that if we could choose a percentage from 1 to 5 or even 10, we'll be covered.

I too have a "leaky" old keyboard-volume pedal that never quite settles at the bare-minimum value. Intuitively I feel that many old pedals, where the pot has travelled a lot or suffered some oxidation, would be susceptible to this "false triggering" of the Kemper.

Let's see if we get it. I sure hope we do. Your bringing it to light again can't do any harm IMHO. Thanks mate.