Problems making a Direct Profile

• I'm wondering if you have tried recording the amp (using a mic) at both volume 6 and at volume 10 - and then made sure the recordings are levelmatched and compared them in this scenario?

I made the Studio Profiles already, at all possible volumes, and they sound great. But I now want to make the Direct and Merged profiles and see if they sound even better...

• Starting to give up on this one... I hooked up the Behringer DI Box and set it to -40 dB. The Marshall's Volume was only at 3. I had to set the Post Master Volume (which I added as a mod later on) to about 4. It was so loud that I think it woke up the neighbors. I was able to profile it as a direct profile, and merge it with the cabinet of the Studio profile (same Marshall settrings) but the sound was horrible: very sharp, no bottom. I had to change the amp definition to 2.5 to come up with a reasonable sound, and added the gain I want. The Studio profile sounds much better...

Since I cannot use the RockCrusher for this, and the Behringer is way too loud (even with -40 dB setting!), what other options do I have?

• Starting to give up on this one... I hooked up the Behringer DI Box and set it to -40 dB. The Marshall's Volume was only at 3. I had to set the Post Master Volume (which I added as a mod later on) to about 4. It was so loud that I think it woke up the neighbors. I was able to profile it as a direct profile, and merge it with the cabinet of the Studio profile (same Marshall settrings) but the sound was horrible: very sharp, no bottom. I had to change the amp definition to 2.5 to come up with a reasonable sound, and added the gain I want. The Studio profile sounds much better...

Since I cannot use the RockCrusher for this, and the Behringer is way too loud (even with -40 dB setting!), what other options do I have?

Hmmm... it sounds like something might be wrong.

Can you give us a walkthrough of how you perform the merging operation?

Maybe you should contact support (there's a link in my signature)

• The amp is modified with a "post master volume"?

Since you are are getting different results with a modified amp than people get with a factory version of the same amp, this suggests the modified circuit may be part of the difficulty.

Where is this volume control placed in the amplifier circuit? Is it a passive volume control, or was an additional tube also added?

• The amp is modified with a "post master volume"?

Since you are are getting different results with a modified amp than people get with a factory version of the same amp, this suggests the modified circuit may be part of the difficulty.

Where is this volume control placed in the amplifier circuit? Is it a passive volume control, or was an additional tube also added?

Hi Paul. Maybe, but when the master volume is totally open, the sound should be the same as an amp without the mod. Remember that the Studio Profile sounds perfect. The volume control is passive, there was no additional tube. It's a post amp master volume. And the problem stays that it would be way too loud if I have to open everything open. OK, I have a 4x12" V30 cabinet which should stand the volume, but not the neighbours :) I also think that the -40 dB that I set on the Behringer DI box, is only for the line out. I don't think it changes the speaker volume...

• Following this thread as I have the same problem profiling my Jubilee. Again with a Behringer DI box.

That's why I'm asking the other Kemper users here: what D.I. box are you guys using?
    And does it have a possibility to
    1) take off any speaker emulation features if present;
    2) reduce the volume of the speakers?

• This is happening while trying to Direct Amp profile a Marshall JTM1 with two different DIs (Kemper and BSS). Then I tried to send the signal to my DAW and back to the KPA with the same results.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.