Slash Rockcrusher impulses

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I own a Rivera Rockcrusher and decided to make the settings in this video into impulses!

Here is an example using profile LL - The Grail (1st is stock cab with profile, 2nd is the impulse)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am not sure what else is used on World On Fire by Slash. What I can tell you is there are 2 Rivera Rockcrushers in the upper right hand corner of this video.

My guess for both EQ's;

Top one is miked speakers EQ
    Bottom one is a Marshall tone stack EQ

The files are labeled
    MS= miked speakers EQ
    MTS= Marshall tone stack EQ

The Rockcrusher has 2 options which change the EQ.
    Edge
    Warm

1. Turn off your cabinet in the Kemper
    2. Load the impulses into your DAW with an impulse plugin.

I use NadIR by Ignite Amps.
    MS goes 1st and MTS goes 2nd in the NadIR. Example below

[Blocked Image: https://snag.gy/Axo6zX.jpg]

Hope you guys enjoy this and let me know what settings you use!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmis…plse-rockcrusher.zip?dl=0

• Curious: In the pic, the HPF was turned up a little for the Slash-1-MS-edge setting. You did realise this?

Yes, of course. When I get a free moment I will try to find a free profile to make some examples with. If any of the tones sound good, I will convert the impulse into a Kemper cab.

On a different note, I ordered a custom lunchbox head. Pretty excited about it as it will go along with this very well! That head will be profiled without a cab (since I am horrible at that). It should arrive around mid December.

• Yes, of course. When I get a free moment I will try to find a free profile to make some examples with. If any of the tones sound good, I will convert the impulse into a Kemper cab.

This confuses me all the time. Did I get that correctly: even though Kemper states they are not using IR, the Kemper cabinet (achieved by profiling) can be replaced by ordinary cab IRs?!

Ne travaillez jamais.

• This confuses me all the time. Did I get that correctly: even though Kemper states they are not using IR, the Kemper cabinet (achieved by profiling) can be replaced by ordinary cab IRs?!

The IRs can be converted into a format readable by the Kemper. This does not mean that they are as good or authentic as a "native" Kemper cab.

• Sorry, no experience myself :) Some people find what they want in (converted) IRs, some people don't think any IRs sound as good as Kemper's "own" cabs.

Why say they are not as good if you have no experience? I took the time and effort to put this together for myself. As a nice gesture they were uploaded to this forum in case anyone else was curious. Why be negative to something that someone uploads for FREE? Who knows, you might actually have a use for them.

@SpinnerDeluxe the difference between an IR and a Kemper cab is static verse dynamic. EQ is EQ. Either can sound absolutely awesome or like complete crap. They are both tools to be used to make music. Debating what is better is pointless.

• As a nice gesture they were uploaded to this forum in case anyone else was curious. Why be negative to something that someone uploads for FREE? Who knows, you might actually have a use for them.

I'm sure Michael was speaking generally, AntMan; it wasn't in any way intended to belittle your kind effort.

If any of the tones sound good, I will convert the impulse into a Kemper cab.

Slash Rockcrusher.zip

Here you go, matey, and for all Kemperites too. Just saves a little time. All names retained and not edited.

• Thanks for converting them into Kemper cabs Nicky! Example recording added to this 1st post. Its a free stock profile that comes with the Kemper

LL - The Grail

1st clip is the stock Kemper cab that LL created
    2nd clip is the IR I made with the Rock Crusher Recording. Thanks to Nicky you can download the Kemper cab.

Its not a matter of what is BETTER, its what works best for you.