Looking to A/B my KPA with someone elses.

• HI, I live in Minnesota , about an hour north of the twin Cities. I'm having issues with a recently purchased used kemper powerhead. Was wondering if there is anyone somewhat nearby that would mind having a listen to mine in person? I would do the traveling of course.

• My problem is this. Through average headphones I'm getting pretty authentic tone with some of the better profiles I like, but through any kind of cab or moniter I lose ALOT of the tone. No pick attack, 1 dimensional,small, thin sounding, boxy almost muffled sound. So I think anything I record I believe you will hear what I'm hearing through headphones and not cab/moniter/p.a. Have used 4 different traditional guitar cabs,3 different brands of moniters, several powered p.a.speakers, and the p.a. at band practice . All sound like crap except headphones. Just wanted to hear someone else's in person to see if this is all I'm gonna get. ?(

• When using the Guitar Cabs, are you turning off the Cab portion of the profile? If you don't your double cabbing, and that WILL sound "No pick attack, 1 dimensional,small, thin sounding, boxy almost muffled sound"

What type of 'monitors', and how are you connecting them to the Kemper. Powered monitors to the powered out would not work so well,

What brand of powered P.a. speakers, and again where are you connecting to on the KPA? See above, about bad tone connected to powered out of KPA if powered scenarios.

I am asking all of these questions, because it sounds like mismatch issues of profile and speaker. I'll explain. A Studio Profile, or Merged profiles via headphones are going to be the full profile, including the original amps speaker/cab, via the mic. Via Headphones, you will hear basically what that mic'ed tone of the amp and speaker/cab combination.

When running into a guitar cab, or really anything other than FRFR monitors or speakers, you need to disable the piece of the profile that represents the cab/speaker. On Studio profiles, the KPA makes it's best guess at this (and it is really good). On merged, it uses the DI part of the merged, DI profiles, don't even have thr speaker portion. You do this otherwise it is like running an amp into a cab, and mic;ing that sound and playing through a 2nd cab. Non FRFR speakers/cabs color the tone.

• Any time I use a traditional cab I turn the cab Sims off, always out of the powered output. There is a difference in sound, but not better, harsher is more like it. Almost sounds better with cab Sims on. Even with direct profiles. Same with jbl jrx215 moniter, only with cab Sims on. Still crappy. I also have a line 6 stage source powered p.a., and have run that out of every other hole in the thing except the powered one I ran the cabs out of. Same with band p.a. I'm in the midst of making a recording but I'm pretty sure you all are going to hear what I hear through my headphones, which sounds pretty good . So, Im not sure how much it will help. Have brought KPA to local music store and tried through everything they had passive and powered. Not impressed by any of it. I know its capable of more.

• My problem is this. Through average headphones I'm getting pretty authentic tone with some of the better profiles I like, but through any kind of cab or moniter I lose ALOT of the tone. ....

What sounds amazing in headphones isn't going to translate the same using regular speakers and vice versa. Unfortunately there's no real world solution for this except to modify your presets or profiles to work better with cabs or monitors...

• Try to connect the linear speakers to the headphone output. Then you hear the same source.

I've tried that as well, sounds the same as other outputs. I have a mission engineering km212p on the way. I hope it will sound as good or better than my headphones.