Doubts: More power or go stereo

• Hello all!

Recently I've been thinking about upgrading my equipment. Right now I am using a toaster with an Alto TS115A, with overall good result. The main issue is that I find difficult sometimes to hear myself while rehearsing or playing live (with crappy PA) without crancking the Alto, leading to digital overdrive at peaks. Our drummer is loud as f*ck and the other guitar uses a MB Mark IV, a massive volume beast.
    At this point, I do not know which is the better solution: selling up the Alto and buying something more bulky like the Firehawk 1500, or go stereo and buy a second Alto.
    I see good and bad points in each election... What do you think? :saint:

• At this point, I do not know which is the better solution: selling up the Alto and buying something more bulky like the Firehawk 1500, or go stereo and buy a second Alto.

Another Alto will boost you by 3dB, not really a huge step. Thats from 121 dB SPL to 124 - in 1 meter distance. The manufacturer claims a sensitivity of 97 dB per Watt and a continous power of 250 Watt. That fits together, so the numbers might well be correct.

One firehawk will bring you up to 132 dB SPL. I guess this already more than I would send to my ears... :|

Ne travaillez jamais.