Auto Swell Effect - Possible with 5.0?

• I've yet to download 5.0 but some of the delays look promising in providing the long awaited autoswell feature!

The kemper video shows a pad like swell that seems to work really well, i believe it's achieved using a 100% wet swell delay, with the absolute minimum delay time

just wondering if this can produce a distinct single note autoswell, that "violin effect" I'm currently achieving using a POG 2, I know many people use a volume pedal/pot

can it do the clear cut violin sound? or is it pad like only?

• @Robrecht made a great swell preset which I modified slightly.
    Choose the DUAL DELAY, mix 100%, Delay 1 time 0 ms, Delay 2 time 0 ms, Delay Balance -50%, feedback 1 0%, Feedback sync = checked, Low Cut = 20.6 Hz, High Cut = 33488.1 Hz, Reverse Mix = 0%, Stereo = 0%, Chorus 0.0, Cross Feedback 0.0, Modulation 0.0, Flutter 0.0, Flutter Rate 0.0, Grit 0.0, Swell 60%, Smear 0%, Ducking 0.0

• Wow @Ingolf thanks so much for the tip! I had read this thread and tried it out a couple months ago and figured you and I must have a different understanding of what autoswell is. I foolishly left the mix at 100/100 instead of turning all the way right to 100% wet. Anyhow, I found this thread again and tried it out, and just like that, I took my m5 used exclusively for auto swell off my pedal board. I also managed to take my H9 off the board today as well, having only used it for a couple ambient delay/reverb patches that I was able to approximate with the Kemper's 5.0 delays. This makes everything so much more organized!

Here's a playing tip that allows autoswell to function better: If you want to swell chords, the most obvious use, don't strum the chord, as if you rake too slow, the notes on the higher strings will ring after the gate is open and you'll hear the pick attack. Instead, pluck the chord simultaneously with your pick, middle, ring, and pinkie. Obviously, you could also drop your pick, but for live purposes (the very reason I'm using autoswell over the volume pedal) I hold on to the pick. With this method, I find that I have much more control and accuracy than using a volume pedal, as I don't have to pluck a half beat early in order to get the chord ringing prior to pressing the volume pedal down, over and over again.

• I know this is an old thread, but hopefully it's never to late to say thank you. :)

I was looking for a solution to a song and this walked me through exactly what I needed. Much appreciated, Ingolf!

Thank you, but Robrecht is the author of this wonderful preset. ;)