How to use real guitar cab and kemper to PA at same time?

• Sorry to hear that Jon.
    The same thing is with the SP/Dif issue.
    We have users that get no signal, others get a weak one and yet again others have a good signal at 44.1Khz.

Does your SPDif output work?

The software for the KPA still has a long way to go...

• I haven't tried the SPDif yet. I'm hoping the monitor output is just a software problem and not hardware. If it is a hardware problem then it can go back as I don't expect to be a beta tester when I pass my cash across. Just had a reply from support who said to update the firmware, which I already did and I just replied to tell them it still doesn't work. Awaiting further reply.....they still haven't answered my question about upgrading my account so I can post into the private areas. I'm trying to be patient with this, but it's not a cheap piece of equipment by any means so I do expect the a timely response from support to reflect the quality price. Biting my lip ....

• I haven't tried the SPDif yet. I'm hoping the monitor output is just a software problem and not hardware. If it is a hardware problem then it can go back as I don't expect to be a beta tester when I pass my cash across. Just had a reply from support who said to update the firmware, which I already did and I just replied to tell them it still doesn't work. Awaiting further reply.....they still haven't answered my question about upgrading my account so I can post into the private areas. I'm trying to be patient with this, but it's not a cheap piece of equipment by any means so I do expect the a timely response from support to reflect the quality price. Biting my lip ....

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems.

But you really have to expect bugs on a brand new designed product. It's not like you are buying a high end tube amp, whose components and construction are relatively straightforward. Regardless of how much you paid for it, this is the norm when a brand new company rolls out something like this.

And regarding the support thing, c'mon, the Kemper guys were all at the NAMM show last week. Give them a chance to sift through all the emails that stacked up during their absence.

PRS Singlecut fanboy

• I'm sorry to hear you are having problems.

But you really have to expect bugs on a brand new designed product. It's not like you are buying a high end tube amp, whose components and construction are relatively straightforward. Regardless of how much you paid for it, this is the norm when a brand new company rolls out something like this.

And regarding the support thing, c'mon, the Kemper guys were all at the NAMM show last week. Give them a chance to sift through all the emails that stacked up during their absence.

Actually, no I don't expect the thing to be riddled with bugs. I know of no other product that I have ever bought that is full of bugs when it was released to market. I suspect the reason for releasing early is cash-flow. They spent a load of money having these things made so they need to recover some of that so what the hell, let's release it even though it's not finished.

Also, just because NAMM is on that is no excuse for not leaving some guys behind to provide technical support. Damn, I would never leave my customers without full support no matter where I was going, it's just not done in business......and I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

• Actually, no I don't expect the thing to be riddled with bugs. I know of no other product that I have ever bought that is full of bugs when it was released to market. I suspect the reason for releasing early is cash-flow. They spent a load of money having these things made so they need to recover some of that so what the hell, let's release it even though it's not finished.

Also, just because NAMM is on that is no excuse for not leaving some guys behind to provide technical support. Damn, I would never leave my customers without full support no matter where I was going, it's just not done in business......and I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

This is surprising and a shame.
    Ive had replies from support several times (usually to answer questions rather than support) and had very prompt replies.
    One of these was a question about the upcoming power amp, asked while they were away at namm, and replied to very quickly (Its posted elsewhere on the forum).
    I hope you get sorted quickly and can't imagine why you haven't had a reply.
    Have you tried sending a duplicate?

• hmmm, time for an update then !

Jon, assuming, that you have upgraded your firmware to 7012, have you also done a reset of the SYSTEM settings afterwards (pushing and holding the SYSTEM button while you switch on your KPA until message appears 'Initializing ...'? If this shouldn't solve the problem, please open a case in our Help Desk system.

• You have connect a power amp between the monitor output and the guitar cab.. Same if you use a stage monitor ===> Active monitor :)

• Jon, assuming, that you have upgraded your firmware to 7012, have you also done a reset of the SYSTEM settings afterwards (pushing and holding the SYSTEM button while you switch on your KPA until message appears 'Initializing ...'? If this shouldn't solve the problem, please open a case in our Help Desk system.

exactly, i was about to suggest this also. i remember a bunch of people having the same problem here, and this helped them all. good luck!

• exactly, i was about to suggest this also. i remember a bunch of people having the same problem here, and this helped them all. good luck!

Today I received the new KPA and had the same issues with the outputs. First, there was only a signal going in (I could tune my guitar) but nothing coming out.
    (Nothing but a clean guitar-signal from the direct-output I don't need by now)
    I searched for a solution here and found some hints. I updated the latest version, restarted the KPA with the System-Button pressed, and the master-output was patched... but the monitor-output still doesn't work!
    The new system is a BETA-Version.. but the "perform-mode" is also out of work. (At least there is a message, that this is going to be fixed)

Now I don't know if the output-problem is caused by the software (many users could solve this problem with an update), or if it's a question of the hardware?!
    I can still return the KPA... maybe I should have waited ordering the amp until the main bugs are fixed... But I sounds great so I don't want to give it back. ;)
    Is there something else I can do?

• Slowhand are you sure the monitor volume is raised in the main output menu?

Thanks for your help! The settings were all right so far...

In a different thread I found the solution to my problem.
    It was a reboot, but not with the system-key. I had to press the amp and cabinet-buttons and turn the chicken-head directly to the profile-mode.
    Now the monitor-output works fine. :)