Can you do this on a Kemper or did I make the wrong choice?

• Hello my fellow Kemper owners.

What I am trying to do is capture the U2 sounds for certain songs. Kemper is great at giving me many amps to choose from however this is what I want and maybe the Kemper can't do it.
    I think the Axe FX does but I don't want to go there.

I want to create a setting that I can recall anytime with certain delays, amp settings, reverb, shimmer etc... for certain U2 Songs.

Like U2's Beautiful day has 3 or 4 certain parts to the songs where the Edge turns on/off certain pedals.
    So with the foot controller I would want B-Day - Intro, B-day Verse, B-day Chorus etc... if you understand my meaning.

Then maybe some songs have just 1 setting but I would like to get the setup and recall them easily forever.

Can this be done? Do I go the "Performance" Route, can it be done with software on the computer or do I do it with the Kemper itself.

Anyway, Thanks everyone!!
    This is just a hobby, hopefully I can make it work. :)

• make shure you got the newest OS installed. The delays improved massively!
    I play in a cover band with my Kemper and we play the song "shut up and dance"
    The intro is U2-like Delay. A Dual Delay with one delay set to 8ths and one delay set to dotted 8ths.
    OS 5 allowed me to sell my strymons

• Ok I will do that. Where I am struggling the most is with Rig Manager. I have the latest but I can't figure out how to configure it through there.

I create a performance and I don't see anywhere to add the effects. Do I need different software?

• Ok I will do that. Where I am struggling the most is with Rig Manager. I have the latest but I can't figure out how to configure it through there.

I create a performance and I don't see anywhere to add the effects. Do I need different software?

You first create the profiles you want to use (including effects etc). You do this on the Kemper. Then you can add those profiles to the performance, either via rig manager, or directly on the profiler.

• Prior to 5.0 there was only a single delay. I have a Vox AC30 rig with that delay that is .... eh for U2 (pride, streets have no name).

Does anyone have a new 5.0 Rig that would nail the U2 sound with the dual delay? If not that, then just the settings for the delay? I am actually quite happy with the tone of my strat with the AC30 for U2, just not the delay.

Thx!

• Hi,

I'm not a U2 fan myself. So I don't know what it is you're looking for exactly. But as for AC30 rigs there's some definitely worth a try.

MBRITT's VO65 RIGS are absolutely to the point. There's a good chance you'll find what you need is there.
    The first factory rigs (2013 or so) had a special U2 rig that wasn't bad at all.
    Then again, didn't you do some really excellent rigs yourself?
    If you're happy with what you got, why change it?

Greetings

Joachim

• Thanks for the reply.

I am happy with the tone, but not the old delay.

I could figure it out myself with some time. I was just hoping that others here have been waiting for a dual delay to get that perfect U2 sound and would let me hijack their hard work :)

• I'd also recommend the new firmware for the new delays, and agree that that mbritt 65 ACE30 pack is a great place to start (there's even a couple of U2 patches in there but the new firmware is required. You can hear a sample at MBritt Profiles).

If you're using the old firmware or want to check out some other alternatives then search for Maurizio70 on the rig exchange for his U2 patches.

Regarding the performance side then if you have the Kemper Remote or have set up another controller in a similar way then either have a performance per song and use each rig for a different part of the song. Or have one rig per song and use the FX buttons to turn on and off the FX when you need to (or a combination of both which I tend to do).

• I'd also recommend the new firmware for the new delays, and agree that that mbritt 65 ACE30 pack is a great place to start (there's even a couple of U2 patches in there but the new firmware is required. You can hear a sample at MBritt Profiles).

If you're using the old firmware or want to check out some other alternatives then search for Maurizio70 on the rig exchange for his U2 patches.

Regarding the performance side then if you have the Kemper Remote or have set up another controller in a similar way then either have a performance per song and use each rig for a different part of the song. Or have one rig per song and use the FX buttons to turn on and off the FX when you need to (or a combination of both which I tend to do).

Great pack! Thanks. I just loaded it and have been plucking around on it for the last couple of hours!

That works for the U2 thing as well. I am still working with it though. It seems like some places talk about number of repeats in the delay vs feedback percentage. Not sure at this point in time exactly which way is best to do it for studio work, but this sounds good enough for an gig.