How to setup Morph to control Amp Gain, effects mix please?

• Hello everyone ^^
    I'm new to Kemper got a Rack Unpowered with the Remote and a Mission PEdal with the built in footswitch, anyways.
    I cant seem to understand and I cant setup Morphing on my Kemper.
    I have my pedal setup for morph in the System Settings and I see in the RIG settings a on page 5/6 Two tabs: "momentary" and "morph button" . Do I have to do something with these?
    Nor I dont understand How to be able to morph with my Mission pedal so I can take or add Gain or Any other MIx Values, like delay or reverb even pitch mix values within the rig.
    I see how the remote moves to the "upper LED" when moving the pedal to the toe position moving the knobs to what I need, but... when I go back to heel ... well nothing happens.
    Neither pedal to Toe, pedal to Heel do nothing but I do see the LED on the remote moving. Please help as It seems I do not understand how to use the RIG Settings parameter ?
    Thanks a lot My Kemper has OS Version 5.03. 12660
    ||

• It's quite intuitive. Go to the system menu and make sure expression pedal to morph is activated.

1) Load up a profile with expression pedal at heel position.

2) Move the expression pedal to toe position. Change the gain (or whatever parameter) to your desired setting.

3) Done! Now when you are in heel position, the gain will be at old value and at heel, it will be the new value.

• If you have a remote, an alternative to using the morph pedal is to just click the slot button you are working on. There are two LEDs - when you first select the slot the lower one is lit indicating the 'base' rig. If you click it again, the upper one lights up indicating the morphed rig.

• Not quite done:

4) SAVE the Rig or Performance Slot.

Then, you are done :)

• Thank you guys for your feedback on this. Its annoying really becasue I really wish to use the Kemper to for what I need it to be.
    I'll give it another week, if not. Dont think I'll keep it.

Thanks a lot!! ^^

• I've been doing and following this and for some reason its just doesnt happen for me.
    The pedal is set to morph and calibrated for that.
    I have the pedal down in heel when i "open" a new rig, then I move the pedal to Toe and adjust parameters to be "morphed".
    Bring the pedal back to heel and nothing happens. No changes, nothing goes Back to original sound.
    I bring the pedal up to Toe thinking, maybe it would do it "now" ... but NOpe.

Anyways....
    one more week.

• Is your expression pedal working? Have you set it to the right polarity? Does it work as a normal wah pedal? No other reason why this wouldn't work.

• Its not working. I'm doing everything stated above. This is frustating.
    I dont understand why it doenst work. I have a Mission Kemper pedal.
    Set to MOrph, calibrated.
    I need to be able to "morph" gain and mix levels.
    Dont know what to say really.

• Is your expression pedal working? Have you set it to the right polarity? Does it work as a normal wah pedal? No other reason why this wouldn't work.

Yes it works as normal wah pedal. So I think this may be something about the "RIG" settings more than the pedal itself ? Can Anybody share a Rig that they use for morphing with an expression pedal?
    Thanks a lot.

I have my pedal setup for morph in the System Settings and I see in the RIG settings a on page 5/6 Two tabs: "momentary" and "morph button" . Do I have to do something with these?

I see how the remote moves to the "upper LED" when moving the pedal to
    the toe position moving the knobs to what I need, but... when I go back
    to heel ... well nothing happens.
    Neither pedal to Toe, pedal to Heel do nothing but I do see the LED on
    the remote moving. Please help as It seems I do not understand how to
    use the RIG Settings parameter ?
    Thanks a lot My Kemper has OS Version 5.03. 12660

• Well the pedal does Work, it does Morph the parameters with an "M" on them, but unfortunately not the Rigs that are mine.
    My pedal works with the Rigs that were given as a download when featuring the morph function.
    I dont understand WHY I'm not able to do this operation on my own presets.

Anyways. I'll give it a couple of weeks. SO far everything was fine with my experience with Kemper until now.
    I used to have an Axe Ultra and other Tube amp gear. I was happy with the Kemper Until I tried to achieve my sound and setup as far as
    adjusting gain and mix on the fly goes. Morphing seem like a good tool and that I wouldnt have to be getting a separate Midi expression pedal, incurring in more expenses after spending enough for the the whole Kemper rig, just to control Mix, Gain, and other parameters with the Mission pedal.

?(||:(

• What parameter are you trying to morph? It could be one of the few that cannot be morphed.

• Hey!!
    Im trying to Morph the same parameters I see in the Morph Demo rigs being "morphed" with the pedal. They have the "M" on them.
    I guess I'll try and put my own Amp and Cab and Eq in there and my own stomps and effects presets and go from there. I hope.

• Hey!!
    Im trying to Morph the same parameters I see in the Morph Demo rigs being "morphed" with the pedal. They have the "M" on them.
    I guess I'll try and put my own Amp and Cab and Eq in there and my own stomps and effects presets and go from there. I hope.

Ok so I tried doing this and adjusting "M" values for the effects with this option and as soon as I change values the "M" goes away and they don't morph anymore.
    So I don't know what's wrong with the Kemper. And I can't find any videos/tutorial explaining the Whole process from system settings to rig settings to How to "activate" parameters to be morphed.

Please.
    ?(||

• If you have a remote, an alternative to using the morph pedal is to just click the slot button you are working on. There are two LEDs - when you first select the slot the lower one is lit indicating the 'base' rig. If you click it again, the upper one lights up indicating the morphed rig.

I've done this and as well it doesn't activate parameters neither gives me the "M" on the parameters to be morphed. I see the LEDs on the remote changing but that's all.
    Thanks for your help.
    I think this is an issue with new OS 5.0.3

• I've done this and as well it doesn't activate parameters neither gives me the "M" on the parameters to be morphed. I see the LEDs on the remote changing but that's all.Thanks for your help.
    I think this is an issue with new OS 5.0.3

I'm not sure I am understanding you correctly. The M won't show up until after you have tweaked parameters and saved the rig/performance.

• HI I just bought a Kemper rack with remote and mission kemper pedal 3 weeks ago and Morphing is not an option for me.
    I dont know if anybody else have experienced this same issue

I have a thread about this already but only two members gave me their feedback and Im doing everything they are suggesting as far as setup goes.

I have my pedal calibrated and set to morph in System Settings.
    In Rig settings I see two tabs for the soft buttons on the rack for : momentary and another one for Morph button. Since I have a pedal thats calibrated and workign as a wah, volume and pitch, it works as morph as well, So I dotn need to do anything with these two soft buttons right?

Well kemper does not allow me to MOrph any parameter that can be morphed on my rigs neither on the ones provided as Morphing demo Rigs given from Kemper to download.

I see my pedal works with these Rigs, BUT if I adjust parameters to my liking, the "M" goes away immediately and it doesnt work anymore.
    IT wont work if I load my own Stack, Stomps or Effects and adjust for Morphing... IT wont work.

I can see the Led on the remote moving from the original rig to the "morphed" one BUT no changes no morphing ... nothing.

So is this a problem with the new OS or is there a WAY from Inside the KEmper, IN System Settings or RIg Settings that I'm missing is there a Soft button on the KEmper Rack that I have to Engage to have the any module that I need to adjust parameters from to be engaged to MOprh? with the "M" next or on top of the parameter?

I know my pedal is working fine.

Please help as this is a deal breaker to me.

Thanks a lot.

javcab08

• I'm not sure what other users have said in the other thread (it's usually best to keep threads consolidated for this reason), but this is how to use morphing, with your expression pedal set up correctly in the settings menu and with the correct TRS cable into the corresponding input on the profiler/Remote :

Make sure your pedal is in the heel position. Load a Rig. Move your pedal to toe position. Tweak parameters (for testing purposes, just make an extreme gain adjustment). Now move the pedal back to heel position. The parameters you adjusted should go back to the state that was saved with the Rig. You can now morph between the states using the pedal, congratulations! Save the Rig if you want to keep the changes.

That's it. If that doesn't work, then I would first check your connections and settings, assuming the pedal isn't malfunctioning.

• Yes, best way to think of morphing is as two versions of the same rig. You set your original rig and you set your altered rig (which is your "morphed" rig)

Then the morphing itself is just the change from one version of a rig to another.