Power Cables and Chicken Knob

• Guys,

1) Any idea how many power cables are supposed to come with the KPA lunchbox these days? (US)

2) Why are some chicken knobs silver and some black? Does the color indicate a change in production at some point or is it purely random?

Thanks,

Sonic

• 2) Why are some chicken knobs silver and some black? Does the color indicate a change in production at some point or is it purely random?

The silver ones are on the newer revisions. The first had black chicken knobs. The change was just to make the look a bit more consistent. The black ones are vintage ;)

• The first had black chicken knobs. The change was just to make the look a bit more consistent. The black ones are vintage

Yeah, vintage sounds much better! :D I forecast the second hand prices for Kempers with black chicken will explode in the near future...!

Ne travaillez jamais.

• I got mine almost 5 yrs ago in the US came with 1 power cable and a Black chicken head :D

Thanks for sharing that.

I would expect the black chicken head 5 years ago. But the single power cable is potentially interesting. Did you buy new?

Out of the handful of the un-boxing videos I found on YouTube they all seemed to come with two power cables. So I'm curious as to what is normal for the US, especially within the last year.

• From looking around online it seems maybe the change-over to silver chicken knobs only occurred on units with a built-in amplifier. The non-amplifier versions retaining a black knob. Which would make sense as an easy way to distinguish the two classes from simply looking at the front.

Just a theory at this point though....

Anyone with a non-amplified version have a silver chicken knob?

• Nope non-amplified version with black chicken knob. Sonic, man I feel your pain but you are putting yourself through to much stress (at least in my reading of your posts) to figure out whether your unit is brand new or not. Bought mine used and never had a problem. If it was new and you doubted that, the time you spent in detective work, could have been spent enjoying the unit. Which you evidently aren't. No offense just want you to enjoy something that is a wonderful piece of gear for sure. Good luck :thumbup:

• Nope non-amplified version with black chicken knob. Sonic, man I feel your pain but you are putting yourself through to much stress (at least in my reading of your posts) to figure out whether your unit is brand new or not. Bought mine used and never had a problem. If it was new and you doubted that, the time you spent in detective work, could have been spent enjoying the unit. Which you evidently aren't. No offense just want you to enjoy something that is a wonderful piece of gear for sure. Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks.. I don't mind the research, it's all a learning experience. I learned a whole lot about the KPA's I wouldn't have otherwise. And now there's more information out there to help any others who may have concerns. I've only been able to fire up the device and start using it the last couple days anyway due to holiday guests. Very interesting device indeed....