MBritt profiles and FOH sound

• Question regarding MBritt profiles and FOH sound. My first gig using the Kemper is in 2 weeks. I’m using Mbritt profiles almost exclusively in my performances. (Thanks Michael!). Mainly the 69 Marshall and the 70’s Marshall Super Lead. Have people had to do much tweaking on these profiles for good FOH sound or have people found that they are pretty good as is? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Mbritt profiles can seem a bit dark in the headphones or monitor ...but that you should resist the urge to brighten them up as they are great as is for FOH. (I have no idea where I read this though..).

Before I bought my Kemper I had talked to a sound man I respect and his comment about people using “modelers” or profiles at gigs was that they usually are too bright…..so I want to avoid that if I can. My goal through this whole thing is to get consistant, good FOH (and monitor) sound. Thats why I bought it.

• I have used MBritt's profiles a lot and also Guido Bungenstock's. They are both great and require (in my experience) only minor tweaking. Guidos might require a bit more chopping in the low end, but that might come down to the type of amp that is profiled (Bogner Xtacy).
    If it sounds good in one PA system, then it will require only minor tweaks in another! :)

• I use mostly his profiles. The soundmen I have talked to were all very happy with my sound and none mentioned anything about being too bright. One mentioned using a high pass filter as a S.O.P. but thats about it in terms of feedback on tweaks they made.

• Brighter profiles in distorted tones that work in a mix are often too bright for live application. At volume the Fletcher Munson effect means you need a bit more mid range and less highs. The Britt profiles are darker than most, so probably sound good live.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I'm also using exclusively Mr. Britt profiles live for over two years.I think that a big factor playing live is the guitar.Michael's profiles were made mostly with p90 pickups with exception of the 800 and heavy pack(gibson). I've tried the same profiles with my musicman axis and with a gibson goldtop.There's a big difference.Gibson-no tweaking, Musiman axis- a different story, but in the end after trying all the profiles in the world i must say Mr. Britt profiles are the live winner :). I even tried micking the cab(1x12) and the results are great.

• I as well use M Britt profiles. Modern country band,. I have got nothing but glowing reviews of my tone, the olny problem( if it is a problem) they all ask me to turn up,,,
    What a great problem,, thanks MR Kemper, goin on 3 years,,no problems,,

• I also use a lot of the MBritt profiles and they just work in the mix. I made the mistake of using headphones to tweak my profiles. Much better to tweak them w/ monitors. I also started with guitar cabs but found to get the best tone out front the FRFR route worked better for me. I use the DXR10's after trying a few different setups. This ended up working the best because what I'm getting out of the monitors is really close to what is coming out of FOH. I did some dialing in on the FOH with guitar cabs, but it was trickier and less consistent. Easier for me using monitors that are similar to FOH. Of course YMMV.

• Actually this was my biggest fear before I bought the profiler..how would this thing sound through many different big,small,cheap and expenisve FOH...endless tweaking beore the gig;

Now I dont even think about this issue anymore.I dont use that many MBritt-profiles but in general what ever profile sounds good through my sys800-tannoys is more or less "gig-ready" even through the most mean and cheap beachbar-selfmade-wind,sand,dust and salty dirt-speakers/boxes one would be crazy to call "FOH".. ;(:D

I can remember many,many occasions from my pre-profiler time where I had to battle all night to make my miced tubeamps sound good in situations like described above.