Gear trade, Splawn cab for strymon big Sky or wait for Kemper verbs?

• I put my Splawn Hybrid slant with v30's up for trade or sale on Craigslist and I got a dude thats offering to trade for a strymon big Sky, which is an awesome reverb. But I feel like I should wait for the Kemper verbs. I'm trying to use only the remote and some expression pedals and stay away from using the effects loop and big 4x12 cabs . My gut is that the Kemper verbs are gonna just as awesome as the delays.

I got another offer for some diy 15 watt blues Jr. Clone supposedly it's a Hoffman amp build.

Looks fairly legit but I'm not a big blues guy and would just either use the cab portion or end up running my other pedal board into it. Thoughts?

Happy New year!

• If you no longer need the 4x12 cab, the much smaller and trendier Strymon would be easier to sell outright.

This. Selling a 4x12 is an absolute chore in this day and age unfortunately. A Splawn might go easier than some due to prestige factors but if you don't use it; get rid of it.

• update: the strymon guy made a new offer after he turned down my counter offer for the strymon plus some cash. And just for point of reference...

Splawn hybrid slant new with v30's $1050 before tax and shipping
    Used, I payed about $655

Strymon Big Sky new $479.99 before tax
    Used, still around $435-450

Even if it was new in box, there would still be about $150-200 difference.

The new offer was, a tc hall of fame, tc flashback, Nova drive and an xotic rc booster.
    I declined and without a counter offer.

The other guy want still wants to trade for a hand built 1x12 combo. Its being considered

https://youtu.be/S_W4PZDAozU

• I"d wait. If you currently don't own a high end wild reverb device then you've been getting by with the basic reverbs in the Kemper. When the verbs come out, they'll likely cover most of the ground of the big sky, just like the kemper delays cover most of the ground of the timeline.

I have an eventide H9 Max in the Kemper loop. It has every algorithm that is done by the pitch factor, Mod factor, time factor, and blackhole, The mod factor delay factor and blackhole are often compared head to head with the mobius, timeline, and big sky. Some prefer the strymons some the eventide, but most say its a minor preference and both are great and cover the same ground. So with the H9, you're getting a product that can compete with the Big Sky, Timeline, and Mobius all in one. Plus all the pitch effects, distortion effects, compressions, EQ, and others, albeit one at a time, which one at a time is all you are getting with the Big Sky anyway. What I love about it is that it gives me additional an additional option for every type of effect out there aside from what's in the Kemper. And of course presets of effects that I can bring into any rig anytime without copying and pasting them from other rigs in the Kemper (as I just turn on the Kemper loop which I've dedicated to the X slot)

• I do have an H9 max and I had it setup for the front and effects loop but I'm trying to stay away from the extra cables and setup time so I've committed it to be in the front only. I figured with the kemper reverbs that they would be just a good as the delays when they come out. I might end up keeping the cab but who knows ,maybe a better offer is on the horizon.