My FRFR shootout

• Tech 21 cabs contain a Celestion 70/80 speaker and this colour your sound like any cab equipped with this speaker.They certainly aren't FRFR, and you need to switch off cabs in the Profiler.

Thanks for the advice. This is the reason why the Yammy is still my first option. I have read that the Tech 21 pe 60 is less crítical with Pods and Zooms but with the Kemper many rigs will require a cab off choice, so the PE 60 monitor will sound different from the plus cab stereo signal sent to the board.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• How does the DXR10 compare to the QSC K12 ?

I have tried a DXR10 an I think it really sounded great, but I found that it was not loud enough once our drummer just got started...
    maybe two DXR10 would have been great.

At another venue I got to try the QSC-K12 and this also sounded great, and this one really had the power to play loud.

I normally play a Fuchs ODS50 through a Fuchs 2x12 cab (Eminence speakers).

TF

• never heard the dxr10 as being described as not loud enough.. usually the opposite.. in fact it is rated at 131 DB which enough to damage your ears.. The qsc is rated the same hence both Are known for having quite a bit of volume. Perhaps you had monitor output turned down on Kemper when you tried it ? Maybe a defective unit ? Not dispersed in a fashion you could hear it where you were standing ?

• never heard the dxr10 as being described as not loud enough.. usually the opposite.. in fact it is rated at 131 DB which enough to damage your ears.. The qsc is rated the same hence both Are known for having quite a bit of volume. Perhaps you had monitor output turned down on Kemper when you tried it ? Maybe a defective unit ? Not dispersed in a fashion you could hear it where you were standing ?

When I tried it out I had it raised approx 1 meter standing on another 2x12 cab. It was loud but somehow I had the feeling at that time, that it didn't deliver as much power as when I play my Fuchs tube amp through a 2x12 cab.
    I would expect a somewhat different sound comming from a 10" + horn vs a 2x12" guitar cab.

When I heard (I didn't do the playing) of the QSC K12 this one sounded quite powerfull and close the sound I hear from my Fuchs cab.

I have been tempted to try the DXR10 out once more and try to modify the Kemper in more detail .

• I got the Matrix FR12 passive this week and think it's great. I hated the 'plastic' sound of the DXR-10, although can't pin down precisely what it was. I'm now enjoying the Kemper properly, unlike with the Yahmaha or a guitar cab. The profiles sound as intended, which is great.

• It would help to include speakers used, etc., so as not to have to go to each ones website or whatever to find out the stats if available. Comparing box construction, size, depth, baffling if any, etc. also, to take into account making one yourself instead of spending so much.