This can't be... what am I doing wrong?

• I've got the files recorded - a DI and dirt track. I'll provide those with the 3rd party profile I used so that any interested volunteer can see if they get the same results with their KPA. BUT the flippin' forum software has a file size limit of just 1MB and I don't have any kind of account to upload things to....

• Not yet, wasn't sure if there was actually a problem or not. Still not sure. Let me think about this a bit....maybe as Spinner suggested I'll see if I can figure out how to quickly do some form of DI/stack tracks using a stock profile and upload it. If we can verify something's wrong/different with my KPA then I'll contact support.
    The other concern with contacting Support is that I don't want to have to give out personal info and serial # since it could potentially make returning the unit problematic, if it comes to that.

No reason not to contact support even if you're not sure there's an error or not.

Do you need to register serial number etc?
    I don't think it's a problem in any case (returning the unit, I mean).

• I've got the files recorded - a DI and dirt track. I'll provide those with the 3rd party profile I used so that any interested volunteer can see if they get the same results with their KPA. BUT the flippin' forum software has a file size limit of just 1MB and I don't have any kind of account to upload things to....

Just upload it to zippyshare or sendspace and paste the link here.

• The Same scenario as always :D

1. I Have problem with my Kemper dont sounds spot on what profiled amp.
    2. Man you are doing something wrong, check kemper setting, check profiles, guitars ....
    3. Still dont work.
    4. Man you need some commercial profiles try .... ..... and ......

:D Boring and funny at the same time. Maybe answer is very simple? But wait its Kemper forum...

Allowed: Spot on, the same, better than Amp, amazing outstanding, fantastic, sick,
    Forbidden: sounds close but not the same, amp part is almost always the same, the key is profiled cab part...

Stay Metal!

• Ok, here's the link. And to be clear this is NOT using the same profile created using my own amp for recording the previous clips, These latest tracks are instead newly done with a "stock" profile (included in the zip file). There is a DI and a profile track as requested, recorded simultaneously via S/PDIF out of the KPA.

http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/g6Uo33YM/file.html

Yes, something is wrong with your Kemper - moment reamping DI for You.

Stay Metal!

• Boring and funny at the same time. Maybe answer is very simple? But wait its Kemper forum...

Allowed: Spot on, the same, better than Amp, amazing outstanding, fantastic, sick,
    Forbidden: sounds close but not the same, amp part is almost always the same, the key is profiled cab part...

Wot?!?

I am not the greatest fan-boy of the moderation here, but your *forbidden* section is way off.

To me, the tones sort of remind me of an old J-Station spliced with a POD but with a lot more flexibility and cool "stuff" to tweak.

Did you read that, Sinmix? The OP thinks that each and every profile he ever checked on the Kemper sounds like modeller and not at all like tube amp. In fact I never heared that statement before. So this is not repeating to me, and still funny. :D

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Thanks sinmix, but what....in ....the ... frigg...?!?! Putting aside the factor of whether or not that sounds like a real amp, there is no question the results are very different. I'm new to all this so I'm not sure what translates, I'm assuming all the settings, EQ and everything else carried over in the exported profile file? (That is, minus the input/output global settings)

• Ok, here's the link. And to be clear this is NOT using the same profile created using my own amp for recording the previous clips, These latest tracks are instead newly done with a "stock" profile (included in the zip file). There is a DI and a profile track as requested, recorded simultaneously via S/PDIF out of the KPA.

http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/g6Uo33YM/file.html

EDIT: Nvermind - saw the info in the attached file :)

• At this point I'd opt to teleport back to the 70's or 80's when the typical rig was:

- A Marshall Stack
    - A Strat or Les Paul
    - Maybe a Wah and/or overdrive.

And everybody went to a studio to record.

How in the hell 40 years later did we land here with a bazillion different amps, cabs, guitars, pedals and magic boxes that look like something straight off the bridge of the starship Enterprise (Original series). :pinch:

• My reamped track is completely indistinguishable from the one SinMix did. There is definitely some issue with your KPA. It's most likely something that will be fixed with a simple reset.

Try this (from the manual):

In case any inputs or outputs don’t operate as you would expect, or you experience any other unpredicted behavior,the soft button “Init Globals” in the System Settings will reset most global parameters in the System Settings andOutput Section as well as all Lockings to their default state. This way, you are always able to recover a defined stateof settings. Your stored Rigs, Presets, Performances, and Slots won’t be impacted by this reset.

• My reamped track is completely indistinguishable from the one SinMix did. There is definitely some issue with your KPA. It's most likely something that will be fixed with a simple reset.

Try this (from the manual):

Before I go do that can you confirm the gain & EQ is looking like the photo i just attached. And that in the Amp settings the Definition is 10, Clarity is 0 and Tube shape is 3.3, with everything else 0? I just want to be sure we in fact have the right parameters/profile happening.

• yes - same here

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I didn't goof on my end and export the wrong rig or something. lol

What's this reset, I'm not up on that. I gleaned there is more than one type of reset, correct? I didn't play around with anything to speak of settings-wise and this unit is allegedly new - so I can't imagine any globals being wrong. Are we sure I should do this, there's no turning back after the fact...