How do I let another Profiling User know that their profile was GREAT?!?

• I have really been enjoying the Kemper since it arrived about a month ago and I've learned a LOT in the last few weeks about how this whole thing works.

I've downloaded MANY "stinkers" from the Rig Exchange . . . but MANY ARE ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE and I was wondering how you go about telling these folks so . . . so that they continue to do whatever they've been doing? I want to encourage them. I've actually purchased a few "professional" profiles that have been blown out of the water by some of the Rigs that were shared for free amongst the Exchange.

I'd love some tips on how this whole profiling maneuver works so I can share some of my amp collection . . . which is pretty nice! . . . I have lots of reading and watching to to before I feel like I can conjure up some superb sounds . . . but I'm working on it. :D

• Welcome, Jhon (or is that John?)!

You can rate the Rigs on the Exchange through Rig Manager, as you've probably noticed. It's not as personal, but at least it might serve to encourage more Profiling by the uploader. Also, this feedback encourages more folks to audition the Profile should the rating be raised.

• Welcome!

Who is the main person you speak of?

Re. profiling, I suggest you reed the profiling guide (one of the manuals). Link in my signature :)

BulldogXTRM is that person!!! :D

I have been utilizing one of the Bulldog's Uberschall profiles for several recording projects in the last few weeks and it snaps right in there like a LEGO! Running it into a Bogner UberKab has also a major revelation. I'll get to that in a second . . .

I am a very big fan/supporter/user/owner/aficionado/street preacher ^^ for the Bogner amplifiers so those sounds were the first I'd hunted for once I understood how the Rig Exchange works. I'm not sure specifically which MODEL Uberschall BulldogXTRM profiled but it really sounds nice and I wanted to say so.

Now, since I may have someone's knowledgeable ear at the moment, I'll ask this HERE and if it's not spotted or perhaps needs to be it's own topic, I'll try that . . . anyway here goes:

When you guys RECORD a Kemper and you have the choice to either record it direct or mic a cabinet, do you EVER mic the cab? The BulldogXTRM's Uber profile sounds so outlandishly good that I'm wondering why I don't try that. (I'm not in the studio at the moment . . . ) Am I "defeating the purpose" of the Kemper? Probably not but I wanted to ask what other people are doing. A Bogner Uberschall . . . any model or revision, is capable of staggering metal tones but it has to be DEAFENING to get to that level of greatness . . . with the profile, we have it at a much more survivable level and it sound remarkable . . . .

Anyway, I look forward to sharing some of my creations in the near future. I don't believe I'll ever "quit" my Bogner amps . . . but having access to "just about everything" if the studio needs it has been very eye-opening and I love it. 8o

I also recognize that I've likely explored the outer boundaries of good taste with these little yellow emoji things and I'll stop now.

• I'll try it and report back. Since I don't really "detect" any "digital-ness", it might sound really great . . . only one way to really know.

Besides all that, what are YOUR favorites everybody? I see that people can provide reviews but it's hard to know if people are just being kind or if they really dig it that much . . . and also because there's gotta be some gems out there that just didn't get rated enough to seem impressive at a glance. There's NINE THOUSAND rigs on there . . . I'd have a hard time making a dent in trying even 100th of them out.

• My all time favourite seems to remain one of @timowens' Friedman HBE100 profiles from the "have amps, will profile" marathon thread what a great guy he is!!). Can't give enough kudos to the man. What a way to serve the community!!!!

He did a couple of profiles based on request by me: Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...
    ...amidst an epic profiling spree

• I wish somebody that's knowledgeable would take a swing at the JJ-100. There's a few on there, and I don't wanna be a jerk but . . . they don't sound like an amp that I'd consider spending 3K on. I might have a few of those Friedman ones though . . . if not, I will soon! :)

• Okay I wanna run this by you guys as well . . . and since I'm a total Noob on this thing, excuse my ignorance if it somehow already exists without my knowledge. Perhaps Kemper can figure out some insane way to do this:

I look at the Rig Exchange and I see that JCM 800 that I'd love to hear . . . so instead of the (admittedly almost nothing) time spent going thru the experience of adding it to my Kemper, what if it went like this:

"Check it out . . . that '86 JCM 800" . . . (clicks rig)

Goes to accompanying menu . . . select from "Strat-ish", "Less Pawl", "HollowBody'Lecktrick" or perhaps "pointy metal axe" . . . I click the LessPaul cause that's my weapon of choice today . . .

Once I've clicked JCM 800 and Less Pawl, the computer plays me a pre-recorded riff played thru one of the selected (directly recorded) guitar performances from one of our thousands of Kemper brethren and RIGHT THEN I have a very good idea if this an amp rig I'd enjoy using. . . . maybe not "exactly" but at least I could hear it before putting it on a flash drive.

For all I know, I'm missing something and you can hook the damn Kemper DIRECTLY to the Rig Exchange without the download . . . which wouldn't render my idea useless, but it's definitely something I don't know about right now!

Eh? It might be dumb. . . . but maybe not.

• Right click a rig in Rig Manager and select 'Preview'.

• Right click a rig in Rig Manager and select 'Preview'.

I looked it up like a big boy. Really cool. I can't do it without the computer and the Kemper together but that still totally rules. Thank you. That DOES make the whole "pick a good one" premise much more interesting.

-J

• All I can find is "Preview in Kemper"!! Is that what you meant? I'd have to hook it up to that and it's currently out in the studio.

Are you saying that your KPA is not connected by usb to your computer that is running Rig Manager? Nevermind typing while you were posting :D

• Yes sir. I've been selecting rigs by name and by "how many stars" they had and then collecting them on a USB and taking them out to the studio. That will change tomorrow morning. :)

It goes without saying that we DO have a computer (ProTools etc) out there and I'll install the Rig Manager on that. I'm guessing that the connection premise is easy as it gets and I look forward to having "new super powers" concerning which rig I wanna try.

Thank you guys. This thing keeps getting better, the more that I understand how it works.

• Using Rig Manager to preview, you can also hit the enter key to preview a selected rig instead of right clicking > preview. Also when you want to preview a bunch of rigs in a list you can use the up/down arrows on your keyboard to quickly toggle through them once you are in preview mode.

• Welcome, Jhon (or is that John?)!

You can rate the Rigs on the Exchange through Rig Manager, as you've probably noticed. It's not as personal, but at least it might serve to encourage more Profiling by the uploader. Also, this feedback encourages more folks to audition the Profile should the rating be raised.

I don't know @Monkey_Man how can you rate profiles on Rig Exchange in Rig Manager, as for every profile (even this which I downloaded from Rig Exchange) I have rate stars grayed out:

[Blocked Image: https://s24.postimg.org/akxazgol1/nr1.jpg]

Although, now it's easy to add a "like" to the rig of your liking @KemperJhon simply by pressing 3rd soft button above LCD, when you load a rig for preview.
    It's called "Rate Preview", after you press it you will be able to add you 1-5 rating.