Update Problems (User Error)

• I got my Kemper today and I went to update it, starting with 1.8.2. I put the formated USB into the Kemper with the update on the thumb drive, and it started updating, but there was a black box over a portion of the text. The update stopped after about 15-30 seconds and all I could gather from it were the words "hardwar..." and "contact kemper support". What is up? I contacted kemper support. Is it possible I got a faulty Kemper brand new? Is my thumb drive faulty? How necessary are the updates? Do they improve overall functionality? am I still able to download rigs online with my current version or do you need the most up to date version?

I am sure you guys can understand my concern when a brand new piece of gear I spent a lot of money on and waited weeks for is showing problems. I really just want it to work.

• I got my Kemper today and I went to update it, starting with 1.8.2. I put the formated USB into the Kemper with the update on the thumb drive, and it started updating, but there was a black box over a portion of the text. The update stopped after about 15-30 seconds and all I could gather from it were the words "hardwar..." and "contact kemper support". What is up? I contacted kemper support. Is it possible I got a faulty Kemper brand new? Is my thumb drive faulty? How necessary are the updates? Do they improve overall functionality? am I still able to download rigs online with my current version or do you need the most up to date version?

I am sure you guys can understand my concern when a brand new piece of gear I spent a lot of money on and waited weeks for is showing problems. I really just want it to work.

1) Keep contact with technical support, they will help you sort out your issues. Most probably there was update failure. There are recovery procedures.
    2) Updates give you new features, and there are plenty of them now (5.1.0) compared to 1.8.2
    3) You can use online rigs with 1.8.2 software, although there was major update to the architecture of profiles in OS 3.X so you won't be able to use these.

Just keep in touch with tech support.

And welcome to the community ;) I'm sure once your device is up and running, you'll forget that startup glitch.

• This user tried to upgrade his brandnew Profiler with 5.0.3 Release preinstalled to 1.8.2 Release, which is meaningless and even not possible with Profilers manufactured recently! :(

• This user tried to upgrade his brandnew Profiler with 5.0.3 Release preinstalled to 1.8.2 Release, which is meaningless and even not possible with Profilers manufactured recently! :(

Aside from meaninglessness of this downgrade, shouldn't it be not possible for all Profilers, not recent ones only?

• After the impossible downgrade, 5.0.3 Release was still in memory. The user just restarted the Profiler and figured out that this is the current release revision, which was his original intent.