studio monitors for use with kemper

• The opals have been in my thoughts to buy for my studio. I dont Think you can find better, but unfortunately i dont have the cash for it so i have a pair of event bas/bas and Another pair of Adam A7 now. Not bad monitors either

Nothing wrong wth them, mate.

Funny, the 20/20 bas was my first "dream", followed by the Dynaudios and then the A7. All the while I was using Alesis Monitor Ones with an Alesis RA100 power amp. It was gonna be a huge step up no matter which way I went. LOL

If it's any consolation, it took 7 years to save for the Opals; I started putting pennies aside from day 1.

For so many reasons, including for jabromusic's sake, I sure hope this unavailability thing's only temporary. For one thing, I promised @sambrox a pair the year before last, should I "make it" and actually earn some money. I'd hate to let my buddy down... ;(

• I would not try to match the PA system of your current gig. 1 Pa speakers are build for high volume, compromising home volume, so never a good reference in that case.
    2 with studio reference speakers you would be dailing in your sounds for "avarage" use, giving you a good starting point for every situation. (A good pa guy uses reference audio to dail in his FOH)

Consider getting studio reference monitors.

To me the very high end of those are excellent for mixing when used in a acousticly balanced room. (They dont sound all that pleasant compared to hifi speakers by the way) Using high end reference speakers in your homostudio to me is driving a Ferrari in a 30 speed limit zone. Your gonna have to compensate the "acoustic errors" from your room in anycase. Therefor i went for reference monitors that sounded pleasant, gave me a good stereo image close range, but necessairely top of the line

• I would not try to match the PA system of your current gig. 1 Pa speakers are build for high volume, compromising home volume, so never a good reference in that case.
    2 with studio reference speakers you would be dailing in your sounds for "avarage" use, giving you a good starting point for every situation. (A good pa guy uses reference audio to dail in his FOH)

Consider getting studio reference monitors.

To me the very high end of those are excellent for mixing when used in a acousticly balanced room. (They dont sound all that pleasant compared to hifi speakers by the way) Using high end reference speakers in your homostudio to me is driving a Ferrari in a 30 speed limit zone. Your gonna have to compensate the "acoustic errors" from your room in anycase. Therefor i went for reference monitors that sounded pleasant, gave me a good stereo image close range, but necessairely top of the line

which kind of reference monitors did you end up getting?

• LOL ... and I'd be gutted if I don't get to buy 'em for ya, Sammy. ;)

@jabromusic, it's your lucky day, man! Ring Thomann or Anderton's, depending on your preference. Woohoo! Huge thank you to @sambrox!

I'll still call Rode tomorrow for a definitive word on what's happening, just for clarity's sake.

• As promised, the official word from Matthew at RØDE Microphones:

Hey Nicky, the Opals are definitely not discontinued. They may be pretty hard to find right now due to the fact that we haven't manufactured a batch for about 6 months, but we have a new batch ready to go soon, and they will be the same as the current Opal. Support will always be covered so there's no issues there. :)

Obviously I'd asked about support regardless of whether or not the model's ever updated, saying that I'm a "Lifer" when it comes to these puppies.

So that explains why Sam read that Thomann was expecting stock in March. If you miss out on the last-available pair at Anderton's, the worst-case scenario is you'll have to wait 'til March, which is, like, practically-tomorrow!

Awesome, jabromusic! Great for Sam too 'cause if I have a hittoon or two, he'll be in the club as well.