New Effect Class - Studio Series

• While the KPA's primary vision is not to be an effect unit, it is always great to be able to make maximum use of a device with such wonderful power. Especially in smaller home studios where software plug-ins and outboard gear eventually become taxing on DAW resources or studio real estate. As long as the KPA is already taking up space it would be wonderful to have the option to utilize it beyond primarily guitar tracking.. And it would be yet another great marketing feature for Kemper. So that said....

What about a "Studio Effect Series" as a new effects type that is designed strictly for playback/mixing purposes. Where all the resources (CPU, memory, etc) are fully dedicated to a single effect. No stomps or stack section, etc. Only an effect. So that, for example, uber quality reverb processing & algorithms could be presented, for use with vocals or snare, etc. Or a mastering compressor. Maybe these could eventually be controlled from a software plug-in as well.

I'm not saying the effects aren't already good, and clearly expanding, but I suspect the extra processing power and memory of the stomp & stack sections could be utilized toward providing more complex, studio-quality effects for mixing and/or mastering.

Just a thought....

Sonic

• Yeah, this has been suggested before, Sonic. There've even been ideas (guilty!) about sacrificing slots in order to be able to run, say, a single stomp Profile along with an amp one.

I think the fact that the new delays sound so pristine provides a clue that perhaps the proposed slot sacrifices may not even be necessary. The Kemper's FW is constantly being updated, as you know, and given the quality of said delays, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the new 'verbs, when they eventually arrive, will be right up there too.

So, that'd mean "studio-quality" delay and 'verb would be in the bag. It's not a stretch to envision more-complex, "higher-definition" (where necessary) effects and processors of other flavours might be in the long-term pipeline or even added as-requested.

The team has suggested quite a few times over the years that the original design of the Kemper provided plenty of CPU headroom for the rollout of new features. We've not been privy to any clue as to just how much of it remains, nor are we able to take guesses because, for instance, we don't even know what percentage Profile playback uses, let alone any FX.

• I'm a new user, but a long time digital gear player.

I'm still reveling in the incredible sounds and real guitar feel.

Kemper has knocked the balls out of the park!

I don't know the details of the hardware, but I suspect it is a bit dated by current standards.
    Looking at the vintage screen, I'm guessing that the CPU is also vintage.
    Forgive my presumption that they may be scrambling to fit new features in to an already full feature set.
    Probably not much room for high end studio verbs.

Kind of a moot point.

I'm loving the raw sounds.