Powering off Kemper

• Hey all,

I have my Kemper PowerHead plugged into a furman unit on my rack. Is it safe to power the unit on and off via the furman (essentially pulling the power), while leaving the kemper unit in the ON position at all times?

Thanks!

• No. Use the chicken-head to turn off the Kemper. The manual states:

"If the Profiler has not been shut down properly with the chicken-head, it could result in the Profiler not being able to restart completely."

• Hey all,

I have my Kemper PowerHead plugged into a furman unit on my rack. Is it safe to power the unit on and off via the furman (essentially pulling the power), while leaving the kemper unit in the ON position at all times?

Thanks!

Look at it this way, secutanudu...

Would you shut down your PC or Mac by pulling the power cord out of the outlet, or if it is a laptop, pulling the power cord out of the outlet and ejecting the battery? No, of course not. You follow the approved shut-down procedure.

The same follows with the Kemper.

• I've been shutting down my KPA connected to my audio interface via SPDIF by turning off my rack mount power supply for the last 4 years without ANY issue at all that I am aware of.
    I never leave the KPA with any edits pending etc, which could be lost by "pulling the plug" so to speak.

Ocassionally I will shut off the KPA with the chicken knob when I have to move it from its studio position to a live gig or rehearsal.

I think the key is to not shut it down this way when there is anything that could be lost.

Just my 2 cents(Cdn)